1 super sub, or 2 mediocre subs.

What sub/s

• "super sub"

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Mediocre sub x2

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
This is why I asked you to explain WHY
If you're concerned about SPL, I'd default to more cone area unless you're trying to fit in a certain competition class.

If you're concerned about accurate sound, you might still want to go with two cheaper drivers - as the power handling of a "super" sub is probably not needed. But I wouldn't go with something mediocre.

if loud is your goal, i say multiples, i have a single hdc12 off a bxi2k and my buddy is running 2 older style type R 12's off a bxi1200 and his is honestly just as loud if not louder than mine, both standard cab pickups

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

The tweeter has to be crossed over somehow. Doesn't matter if it occurs at the HU, the amp or passively.
I think it's the factory HU. As has been noted, some of those systems actually restrict the bass output as it goes up. I would look into an LOC...
thanks DB, that definitely helps swallowing a $300 price tag 😂 these would essentially be running midbass for me too
What is your budget? With being exposed to Rain.. I would recommend looking at a marine grade SAS Bazooka for the sub stage

About this thread

hornedfrog1985

5,000+ posts
<---Down Syndrome Tiger.
hornedfrog1985
Iowa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date