1 Set of components off 100wrms enough?

Participant count
  • Participant list

CELLERBR
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
KY
Ok i plan on one set of either Focal 165 V2s, alpine Type X's or Diamond Audio M661's off of a hifonics ZX4000 amp (100wrms X2) they will be door mounted. Should i keep the infinity 4X6 plate speakers in the dash or get rid of them??? I dont really have a viable way of powering them other then the HU and would rather not.....So do you guys think one of those Comp sets on 100 wrms a piece would be enough to keep up with my XXX12?????

Thanks

Ian

Ok i plan on one set of either Focal 165 V2s, alpine Type X's or Diamond Audio M661's off of a hifonics ZX4000 amp (100wrms X2) they will be door mounted. Should i keep the infinity 4X6 plate speakers in the dash or get rid of them??? I dont really have a viable way of powering them other then the HU and would rather not.....So do you guys think one of those Comp sets on 100 wrms a piece would be enough to keep up with my XXX12?????Thanks

Ian
I'd get rid of the 4x6's.

A set of components with 100 watts should be enough to keep up with your XXX.

- Steve

That is what i was thinking!! I think i will definately toss those 4x6's on ebay after christmas!! Or maybe before who knows someone may be looking for some for christmas! LOL THanks for the info guys! What do you guys think about the comp sets i am looking at??

They're all very nice. But remember, it's all about personal opinion, and what you want to hear in your music.

As always, I suggest listening to as many sets as possible in order to determine which one matches and exceeds your expectations. If it's not possible, then you have a tough decision at hand //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

- Steve

Yeah i have no local dealer that carries any of those brands..Well one carries alpine but he doesnt even keep any comp sets in stock!!! Everyone around here just buy coaxials!!!!!!!! So i guess i will just wing it! I have never heard anything bad about any of them...So that is a bonus

-ian

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.