1" Mdf

DeViOuSoNe
10+ year member

What's a Subwoofer?
MD
Where is everyone getting 1 inch mdf? i am making a box for a ed 18. and would like to use some thick wood. Any recomendations? No idea where to get it really. Home depot only has 3/4 inch

probably a lumberyard
you might have to buy a bunk of it.

hope you have a big garage, and $1600

Well im sure the people building boxes with 1 inch didnt have to spend 1600, So there has to be somewhere.

And i might just have to double it up.

Well im sure the people building boxes with 1 inch didnt have to spend 1600, So there has to be somewhere.
I garuntee any ED sub your getting will not need double 1" MDF:laugh:

dont know of many people using 1" to be honest with ya. most use 3/4" and you wont flex 3/4" with your sub unless you making a huge box with no bracing.

using an ED or using an MT? I wanna find some of the 7 layer or whatever it is for my trunk build for my MT. homedepot carry it Robin? and what do they call it there if they do? also you think im gonna need double baffle on top or just good bracing?

using an ED or using an MT? I wanna find some of the 7 layer or whatever it is for my trunk build for my MT. homedepot carry it Robin? and what do they call it there if they do? also you think im gonna need double baffle on top or just good bracing?
double the top up. its already the weakest panel, and you are throwing 60 pounbds on it...its easier than the proper bracing, and probably cheaper.

im using 13 ply, my HD didnt carry the 7 ply stuff, but its all birch

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.