1 or 2 Fi Q 12"

Un4GivNSoul
10+ year member

I have a 2006 cts and been pondering which subs to put in it and have decided to go with Fi q's in a sealed box. But now the problem is that i have never had less then 2 subs in a car... had 2 alpine r12's and 2 JL 12w6v2's.

With this build im goin for more sound quality then spl, and was wondering if 2 Q's is overkills. I guess with all my builds before i always thought hey 2 has to be better then one. Just trying to get some ideas here.

And with 2 q's your talking a huge amp setup that i prolly dont want to get into, because from the looks of it they want 1000watts rms each... and that prolly runs into a hell of alot of upgrades.

Just wondering thoughts on having 1 as opposed to 2. And if you have any amp recommendations.

nah, you will be fine, put you want at least 1000rms for each sub, anything more will require the bp option.

i have 1 in my hatchback and its more than enough.

anybody ever here of crossfire amps?? I have always stuck with jl because they have alway done the job for me but read somewhere people raving about these amps... ill check out that sundown, thanks

I'd do Q's off a SAZ 1500D in a ported box tuned around 32Hz. Would have good SQL and still get loud when you're in the mood...
can vouch for this, but if you get the 1500d, you will need the bp power option

either way you wont be disapointed, i got a single 12" q running off a zx750.1 in my blazer. Its in 2.5 cu ft tuned to 32hz and it wangs:D

goodluck
same hear, getting around the same wattage and i loves it lol.

can vouch for this, but if you get the 1500d, you will need the bp power option
same hear, getting around the same wattage and i loves it lol.
I would do 2 Q's off the 1500D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Un4GivNSoul

10+ year member
Un4GivNSoul
Wisconsin
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from