1 or 2 15's

Participant count
  • Participant list

onearmedbastard
10+ year member

Balls deep
Houston
So if you havent noticed I have a 2003 Ranger extended cab. I have limited space, but enough to work with. I'm debating on running 1 or 2 15's in it. I have to decide because I have to get a custom box either way.

2 15's would be more louder but there might be less airspace to work with, like suffocating them. (was thinking 2 L7's)

---Found refurbed L7's on eBay for $180. 2 for less than the price of a BTL

1 15 would give more room to work with and more options for box designs, but Im scared it won't be loud enough (thinking a BTL)

[i also need an option good to my wallet]

Help?

there both going to be pretty loud but all i know is that that little back window thing is going to go nuts lol... Sorry for not giving any advice :p

Simple answer is to measure the space you have to work with and figure out box designs for each.

If space is limited and you can't fit two 15's in the area you have to work with while giving them optimal space; stick with 1.

If you have enough room to fit both into adequate enclosures then go for.

I'm not familiar with Ranger extended cabs to know how much space you have....but it also depends on how much room you're willing to sacrifice.

heres the space i'm working with if it helps...

i could put the seats forward more and take out the jump seats. what do yall think?

int2.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

onearmedbastard

10+ year member
Balls deep
onearmedbastard
Houston
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date