1 Fi q12 vs 2 10's SA x10 or Tantric MD10?

C1500martin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Cali
So im in a dilemma again sorry for the million posts. Which do you think will be the better choice? All using same dimension box and amp. 2.5cubic ft ported to 32-37hz not sure yet powered by Q2200.

My choices are 1 fiQ12 fully loaded

Or 2 Sundown Audio X10's

Or 2 trantric sounds HD 10's

At first i was going for sq but in reality i think i just want loud bass.

D3400 under hood and 250-270 HO alternator all 1/0 gauge ofc wiring

The Two 10 setups will be louder so you might aswell mark off the FI Q

Now the X 10s specialize in low end extension. They were designed to excel on low end output. The Tantric HD 10s will get LOUD, and sound nice doing so, while also digging into the lows, just not as much as the X10s.

The x 10s and hd 10s are around the same price point so it's really just up to you. Do you want just pure low end or a balanced combo of lows and loud?

@hispls ; may be able to build you a Shocker Sig or two if he has the parts in stock. I think that would accomplish your goals

As far as the other options, the latter two will most likely give you more output, but the first option would have the potential to sound better.

The Two 10 setups will be louder so you might aswell mark off the FI Q
Now the X 10s specialize in low end extension. They were designed to excel on low end output. The Tantric HD 10s will get LOUD, and sound nice doing so, while also digging into the lows, just not as much as the X10s.

The x 10s and hd 10s are around the same price point so it's really just up to you. Do you want just pure low end or a balanced combo of lows and loud?
Balanced combo would be nice i want my bass to still be enjoyable and accurate but loud aswell

I've got a friend in New Jersey selling an FI Q15 if you have the space.
No thnks i already have a Fi q12 and its pushing my space limits so a 15 has no hope in my truck if not thats what i wouldve gone with

[quote name='SounDrive']@hispls ; may be able to build you a Shocker Sig or two if he has the parts in stock. I think that would accomplish your goals

As far as the other options, the latter two will most likely give you more output, but the first option would have the potential to sound better.[/QUOTE]

I do, but a 12" really wants 3 cube or a little more to be really impressive.

so due to lack of space im going to invert one sub and place the other one normal, the HD10's arent all that appealing inverted //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif Are they really THAT much louder than the X10's?

so due to lack of space im going to invert one sub and place the other one normal, the HD10's arent all that appealing inverted //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif Are they really THAT much louder than the X10's?
I doubt there will be an audible difference in loudness

inverting the subs doesnt have any sound or output difference right?
Other than increasing the box volume slightly due to not having as much sub displacement, and the motor being in the way of the cone.. Nothing major, really.

Other than increasing the box volume slightly due to not having as much sub displacement, and the motor being in the way of the cone.. Nothing major, really.
Thats exactly why i want to invert one of them because for being 10" woofer those things are HUGE! Any insight on reversing the polarity?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

C1500martin

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
C1500martin
Cali
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date