1 15" HDC3 vs 2 12" type-arghs

okay, dont listen to me, i've only had 10+ setups with type-R's.
get them instead of the HDC3, i lied to you, HDC3 *****.
First you said get type-rs and then the HDC3 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif I didn't disregard your opinion I'm just putting **** out there.

2 HDC's will cost me too much. I put my buddies 2 type-r's in a 3 cube box in my car and it slammed, I can only imagine it in a 4.5 cube. I was gonna do the 15" but now I dont know =/

2 HDC's will cost me too much. I put my buddies 2 type-r's in a 3 cube box and it slammed, I can only imagine it in a 4.5 cube. I was gonna do the 15" but now I dont know =/

What do you listen to? If you only listen to rap the r's are okay. They do not like rock though. The hdcs play the upper bass a lot better than the type-r. If you thoght type rs were loud in 1.5ft try 2.25 its night and day difference they just keep getting louder and louder in the 40hz range with a bigger box tuned to 35ish. The hdcs are nice but i still think the two r's would beat them out especially for efficiency. **** I threw a 10" type r in my hdc box when I only had one orion 1200d for power and it was almost just as loud but got hotter. The hdcs are not as efficient as a type r. too stiff. But of course a 900watt sub is going to be looser than a 2000w one.

except for daily and music the hdc3 will get alot louder if you have the power. **** my sdc's werent even close to my hdc3s when i increased the power. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

I had a type-r at 900w in a 2 cube box at 32hz awhile ago and loved that. So you guys think it would be night and day difference with a bigger box? I remember my type-r being really 40hz heavy and low end monsters. The two I'm rocking right now in the 3.5 cube box doesnt hit the lows as well, but it really likes the higher end bass, even better than my HDC312.

And how low below tuning can a HDC3 go? I mean I had my SSF at 30hz on my 12 and that ended me with a failed spider, but that could possibly be a fluke.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

adio25

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
adio25
Wausau, WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date