1/0 reducers touching..??

i would do a few layers of heatshrink
going to go pick up some tomorrow and order the reducers, I appreciate the advice guys. amazed it was actually help in a thread :p you know the forums.

i'm considering getting some for my AQ1200ds but.. judging from caps's pics of his system.. they seem **** close to each other. anyone else think this may be a little close on these? If they happened to touch.. anyone have any idea what would happen? anyone have experience with them?
What would happen if they touch?

... think. They're two big solid masses of conductive metal of opposite polarities touching.

It'll ground out and sparks will fly.

I've seen people do a bunch of different things, from tape to heat shrink, someone even made a separator out of ABS.

You do not need a few LAYERS of heatshrink. That's BS. The only case where you need more than one layer is in high voltage application (1kV or more), and even then, you're doing it wrong if you're relying on heatshrink to insulate your wires/connectors, there are better things like epoxy and ceramic.

One layer is enough. Anything to keep them apart.

On the welding thing: My ooold hobby when I was younger was to make sparks. That's about it. I went from high voltage (200kV+@1mA+), to LVHC(1kV@20kJ) dead short, to HVHC(RF 500kV@20mA+). xD Then there was the LVHC transformers, where you have 50kW worth of 40VAC energy shorted, dissipating a crap ton into whatever you shorted it. Whoo for 4/0AWG wire secondaries when winding transformers around 200lb laminated iron cores from old distribution transformers!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

What would happen if they touch?
... think. They're two big solid masses of conductive metal of opposite polarities touching.

It'll ground out and sparks will fly.

I've seen people do a bunch of different things, from tape to heat shrink, someone even made a separator out of ABS.
after i had looked over my post I decided to just leave it like I had it but that was misworded.. I was just trying to explain it in my head I guess it did sound right but when I wrote it .. the msg was screwed up in translation lol. Appreciate the explanation anyway bro. Thanks.

You do not need a few LAYERS of heatshrink. That's BS. The only case where you need more than one layer is in high voltage application (1kV or more), and even then, you're doing it wrong if you're relying on heatshrink to insulate your wires/connectors. One layer is enough.
I R Teh heatshrinkerz.

And by the way caps amp is a power acoustic your getting a AQ 1200 I believe the AQs are more beefier and seperated a bit..
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif just showed pics for example.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif only thing i had to work with! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

the reducers with plastic stuff already around them would have been nice, i'm going to go with stinger i'm pretty sure, they look very nice.

I don't think people get the point.

The rule is, roughly 1mm per 1.1kVDC@60hzAC(Meaning it does not count for RF or RF filtered) You do the math. Pretty much means they have to touch directly.

A single layer of heatshrink is enough. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Itt'd look nice over the ones in the pic I think.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JL Audio

5,000+ posts
ThugStep
JL Audio
KY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date