07 cobalt radio not turning on

Participant count
  • Participant list
if you connected it though your 12v constant, sounds like you blew the fuse... that fuse is in the main box under the hood...

the "security system" on the car is ran through the HU harness, so if the ecm is tampered with, the HU wont turn on, but that will also be the least of your problems at that point.... have you checked the voltage on your constant and ACC power?

if you connected it though your 12v constant, sounds like you blew the fuse... that fuse is in the main box under the hood...
the "security system" on the car is ran through the HU harness, so if the ecm is tampered with, the HU wont turn on, but that will also be the least of your problems at that point.... have you checked the voltage on your constant and ACC power?
nah i couldnt check the voltage it started getting dark. how do i get the ecm to allow me to turn the hu back on? this is literally the only thing i can think of. cause i checked the ecm fuse under the hood already

IIRC sit in the passenger seat then look on the left side of the center console near you're leg and you should find a panle that pops out the fuses should be right there!

IIRC sit in the passenger seat then look on the left side of the center console near you're leg and you should find a panle that pops out the fuses should be right there!
like a second fuse box? cause i checked all the ones under the hood. found it weird there were no radio fuses...

mast-im running the stock hu. i put in the toggle switch. used the 12v constant red/white wire and ran it that way.
kramer-i didnt unhook any wires. just spliced the plastic coating over the wires and wrapped the line output converter and the remote wires that way. when i put in the lineout it worked fine. sub bumped and everything. the girl just wanted a toggle switch put in and now im having problems.
oh, sorry.

whatever you do... do not try to mess with the ecm yourself... you need to hook a obdII connector, and appropriate computer and software to change anything on it... like i said, most likely is a fuse, or a bad connection.... check the voltage on the constant and ACC when you get some light, and then update here

oh, sorry.
dont apologize bro.

whatever you do... do not try to mess with the ecm yourself... you need to hook a obdII connector, and appropriate computer and software to change anything on it... like i said, most likely is a fuse, or a bad connection.... check the voltage on the constant and ACC when you get some light, and then update here
alright i will thanks man. i hope i dont need to get the ecm regulated. the hu doesnt say locked or anything so im hoping that it is just a fuse.

in most HU's with built in security, if something in the computer gets screwed... it will pop up asking for a code, or say lock... so the fact that it has nothing, is actually a good sign... has to be something simple as a fuse or bad connection

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Falcons

5,000+ posts
that **** i dont like
Falcons
Albion, New York, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date