05 XXX Coil Q.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Haunz
10+ year member

Packing 4/0
I'm thinking about picking up a couple XXX motors.. my question is does anyone (like FI) have correct voice coils for these things ? (not just something that fits the gap)

Or, can anyone tell me the wind height / number of layers they use ??

It's an 8 layer aluminum coil. I can't remember how tall the wind height is.

I've heard mixed feedback on what coils are going into the recones. Obviously, Scott knows what coil is best for this particular driver. The only way to know for sure is to email them.

i emailed Nick at FI when i needed a recone for my 05 XXX and Nick said they use spec XXX sofparts for their recones they sell. The price was awesome as well for my 12". I would email Nick for a faster response to your inquiry.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.