04' or 05' G35 or a Brand New Mazda Speed6?

04' or 05' G35 or Brand New Speed6?

• 04' or 05' G35

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • Speed 6

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Other, fill in your thoughts and why below.

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

bumpin_blazer
5,000+ posts

Only the Strong Survive
Austin,TX
Well as some of you know my Dakota was totalled due to moronic douche not yielding and hitting me so I need a new car. I am torn between a G35 and a Speed6. I can't afford the 34k that a new G35 would be so the new Speed6 is a little more appealing, that and I know the owner of a Mazda dealership here in town so my price won't be the sticker it'll be lower. So my question is would you rather own a 2yr old G35 with anywhere from 20-40k miles on it or a brand new Speed6? I'm leaning more towards the speed 6 but I'd like some opinions. This is a poll so you can just click what you would choose or you can offer up your reason why.

i really like the looks of a new mazda 6, dont know about reliability and such but i like the way they look. also it would have a dealer warranty and such. i also dont like the looks of the g35 at all.

I would TOTALLY go for the Infinity. One reason alone is depreciation, that G35 will be worth it for a lot longer than a Mazda.

Nissan over Mazda

G35 over Mazdaspeed 6

Mainly for reliability, but I sure wouldn't mind having a turbo RX7, I would be fine just looking at it broke down in my driveway, b/c I know it would be broke down in my driveway. Anyhow, the G35 is fun to drive, and will hold up longer than the fordspeed 6.

But really, this isn't like buying a subwoofer you can't hear b/c their is no dealer, or some comps that are only avaible from the forums. Go do your duty as an american and beat up on someone elses cars and see which ones you like. It is the only time you can have fund at a dealership.

I've driven the G and the regular 6, but no mazdaspeed 6. I voted for G anyways.

G35: Handling is great, coupe or sedan, and it makes driving more fun, even when it's a tedious commute. It sounds great and looks great, and probably will keep its value longer. However, it tends to guzzle gas and maintenance is costly.

speed6: cheaper, new, no miles. However, despite the horsepower they massaged out of it, it's still an Inline-4.

omg if u really were even CONTEMPLATING getting a mazda 6 over a g35 then u need to get your mind right lol......

g35 is basically a 350z (same engine)=fast as hell.....

get the g35 if u dont wanna get made fun of

it's an inline 4 that runs a 13.8 stock which is almost 1/2 second faster than even the 06' g35's with the 280hp motor vs the 265 that is in the 04's and older. I've driven a G35 and drove that ****er to hell and back as it was a rental lol. I've driven the hell out of a mazda 6 but not the speed6 yet and love the mazda 6. Yes the G35 does hold resale well that's also the problem lol. 04' g35's go for what i get a brand new speed6 for that's the dilemma.

For anyone baggin' on the inline 4, remember that there are plenty of 4 cylinder engine's out there that can hand you your a** daily;).

omg if u really were even CONTEMPLATING getting a mazda 6 over a g35 then u need to get your mind right lol......
g35 is basically a 350z (same engine)=fast as hell.....

get the g35 if u dont wanna get made fun of
speed6 is still faster than a 350z or g35 6mt and that's the coupe version.

yes but it doesnt change the fact taht u will get made fun of in a speed 6 lol.....well i mean i am exagerating but in my mind i dont see a comparison.

g35's are just better made.....speed 6 suspension and handling vs g35's handling....id take the g35

yes but it doesnt change the fact taht u will get made fun of in a speed 6 lol.....well i mean i am exagerating but in my mind i dont see a comparison.

g35's are just better made.....speed 6 suspension and handling vs g35's handling....id take the g35
that is b/c you've driven both a speed6 and a g35 sedan right? if not i don't see how you can compare the two.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...