'03 Sierra ext cab enclosure help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bonehead

Hey guys/gals,

I have an '03 Sierra ext cab and I need some help deciding on the enclosure I should use. I have to keep the back seat, so we're talking under seat enclosures. It will house two Diamond Audio CM310d4 10" subs. I need to know what configuration works best in this truck. Down fire, front fire, or top fire. The enclosure will be vented on each side towards the doors. I'm looking for around 1.25-1.5 per @ 35-38hz. Thanks for any help you can send my way.

Thank you for the info. That's was I was thinking too. I was tossing around the idea about raising the seat up, but I'd rather not if I don't have to. Right now I have a down-fire prefab that is .85 per at 40hz and they're ripping the box apart. lol It's the first prefab I've owned and while it sounds ok, I'm not impressed with the build quality.

The trouble with under seat boxes is that there isn't much room to construct a well built box solely from MDF. Fiberglass is your friend when building an under seat that needs a lot of volume. ;-)

Right on. It would give me a chance to do more fiberglass work. lol I just finished a center console for the truck that holds a pair of 6.5" midbass, cupholders, switches, etc.. Just crunching some numbers with the fiberglass floor, and the box being 52L, 11H1, 8H2, 16D I come to just over 3cf before port and sub displacement. Just a rough estimate though. I still have to see what I can get away with on the size.

Will do. I'm still waiting on the illuminated rocker switches from China and some low temp plastic to finish forming an edge for a dock I put in for my phone.

So, I've pretty much finished up this console, but I need ideas on what to use to trim out the phone dock in the middle to look nice. Any thoughts bbeljefe?
IMG_3099_zpsd83f0459.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.