Votes: 7 26.9%
  • 07' or 06' Speed6

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters

bumpin_blazer
5,000+ posts

Only the Strong Survive
Austin,TX
Ok so this is a revision to my old thread on my new/next car. I have found a sweet deal on an S4, or at least I think it's a sweet deal and now I'm considering them. So here it goes, Audi S4, 04 G35 Sedan, 07 Brand New Speed 6?

Speed characteristics: As far as I know the Speed6 is the fastest straight from production running a 13.8 stock. Not sure on the Audi but for those who know I'm interested to know stock times.

Here is a link to the S4 I'd be looking at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-AUDI-S4-AWD-AUTO-CD-ROOF-XENON-HEATED-SEATS-33k-Mi_W0QQitemZ220001943763QQihZ012QQcategoryZ43902QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The G35 I'd go for would look like this one but isn't this exact one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-INFINITI-G35-LOW-MILES_W0QQitemZ130002455278QQihZ003QQcategoryZ43914QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Speed 6 would be the Grand touring with sunroof and the works. The speed6 my price is around 23-25k depending on the options I get so you can see my dilemma.

Anyway, opinions would be again greatly appreciated and this will be a poll again.

i always wanted a S4, but those are spendy cars to work on.. be prepared to get things fixed alot.. the G35 is nice too.. driven a few differen't ones and what not.. also have lots of mods for them.. no problems with them really.. also look for the sedan in 6speed.. those S4's should be in the 13's stock and with a few mods, those can be pretty fast

out of the 3 cars, the G35 is the slowest, Audi S4 is 2nd and Speed6 is fastest. According to a few magazine reviews at least. The G35 6mt Coupe(all i could find 1/4 mile tests for) runs a 14.24. The S4 ran a 14.1-14.18 and the Speed6 as I said before has been tested running anywhere from a 13.76 to a 13.84 bone stock.

Given price and warranty the Speed6 seems the winner i just found that auction for the S4 and thought I'd ask the wise on here.

Humm a brand new car with more of a warranty and is faster than the other two mentioned and also will be easier to fix when your warranty does end. I dont see the problem here. Mazdaspeed all the way. All yeah, did I mention it is brand friggin new, lol!

Guess it realy depends on what you are going to do with it. If you plan on doing any mods, the mods may void any warranty on the car (atleast the dealership will puch that) so that may not be an issue. If you want something to mod, my vote is the S4. They are just sweet cars that handle great. You can do a lot with the TT 6.

the only mods i can and will see myself doing is an intake, turbo time and blow off valve, full exhaust, suspension and maybe rims. those are also thing that i'm in no hurry to do and really won't hurt me if i can't do them all. my dad went and test drove a speed6 today "for me" as he put it lol. i can't drive for another 4-6 weeks but i was considering that S4 until my dad said "if you get any car but the speed6 i won't cosign". so my mind has been made up it seems as he said the handling was hands down better than the 6mt 06' g35 coupe that someone traded in last week for a speed6. he drove both for almost 45 minutes each and said where the g35 would lose control or he'd need to break going into or coming out of a turn or slalom(however you spell that), he said the speed6 went through with ease. That to me makes up my mind:D.

the only mods i can and will see myself doing is an intake, turbo time and blow off valve, full exhaust, suspension and maybe rims. those are also thing that i'm in no hurry to do and really won't hurt me if i can't do them all. my dad went and test drove a speed6 today "for me" as he put it lol. i can't drive for another 4-6 weeks but i was considering that S4 until my dad said "if you get any car but the speed6 i won't cosign". so my mind has been made up it seems as he said the handling was hands down better than the 6mt 06' g35 coupe that someone traded in last week for a speed6. he drove both for almost 45 minutes each and said where the g35 would lose control or he'd need to break going into or coming out of a turn or slalom(however you spell that), he said the speed6 went through with ease. That to me makes up my mind:D.
Dad being a dick FTL.

Atleast it makes your decision easier!

yeah he said he'll get to carmax today if he can. there's an 01' S4 there and he said he'll drive it just to compare and see. I don't have the ability for the loan right now as I've been a student for the past 9 months so no financial background lol. I've had $ just not an actual paycheck job until the past 2 months which isn't long enough for a 24k loan unless i want to get raped on the rate.

well dad went and drove the S4 today and according to him the speed6 and S4 are very close in handling but the S4 is a little smoother and quicker in some turns. On the other side he still said the Speed6 feel's a bit faster and given it's still .3 seconds faster in the 1/4 i'd imagine it would.

So my lasting results of 2nd hand driving through my dad, if i had to choose it'd be Speed6 on top, S4 2nd, and G35 last based on performance. Looks the G35 is the #1 with the Speed6 2nd and S4 last, resale it's not completly fair as the S4 was a 50k car 5 years ago.

i love the look and thought of taking my t6's into that speed6 though lol. that's the biggest reason i'd go with it and it has a full warranty and is brand new.

Just a heads up, the G35 Sedan is slightly quicker than the G35 Coupe. At least when it came to the '05s. I know its sounds retarded but it has a lower drag coefficient and weighs less. Go figure. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...