01 4dr alero (V6, 3.4L)

Kaltenberg
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
WI
well i had no choice in what car i got id rather have a 5k civic than a 7k alero but im stuck with it, what can i do that is non noticable to make this car faster? Like if my dad sees something done to it prolly no more car for me cuz he says all i can do is put a system in it so my friend said take out the bottom air filter, itll give a few more horses and make it sound cooler idk if its a good idea cuz air filters filter bad stuff so any ideas?!

Assuming your dad is a complete idiot, all the power to ya. If not, drop in an aftermarket airfilter, thats about all you could do that wouldn't be noticeable.. yeah and i don't get the air filters bad stuff thing

well i dont wanna take my air filter out because it filters bad stuff sry i didnt say that right before haha. i wish my dad was a idiot, he can do almost all of my car maintence so maba i can throw a new air filter in their or something. Thanks.

or not worrying about being fast im assuming its ur first car and you prolly dont want to wreck it so let try obeying the laws and not driving like a total assclown

well i dont wanna take my air filter out because it filters bad stuff sry i didnt say that right before haha. i wish my dad was a idiot, he can do almost all of my car maintence so maba i can throw a new air filter in their or something. Thanks.
Wtf do you mean? It filters bad stuff?? NO ****!?? thats to keep it from entering the engine? confused...yes.

You drive an OLDSMOBILE ALERO. Just keep it stock for the love of God.

Throw a bangin system in there and people will be impressed. If your car isn't fast, you might as well have a sick stereo in it.

You drive an OLDSMOBILE ALERO. Just keep it stock for the love of God.
Throw a bangin system in there and people will be impressed. If your car isn't fast, you might as well have a sick stereo in it.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/iagree.gif.15d6c075ee8d3913ba26866d06993068.gif

you drive a grandma car...leave it alone.

well i had no choice in what car i got id rather have a 5k civic than a 7k alero but im stuck with it, what can i do that is non noticable to make this car faster? Like if my dad sees something done to it prolly no more car for me cuz he says all i can do is put a system in it so my friend said take out the bottom air filter, itll give a few more horses and make it sound cooler idk if its a good idea cuz air filters filter bad stuff so any ideas?!
he meant the air silencer. i took mine out on my t-bird. no noticable power but i get a decent woosh which is cool. gas milage went up a lil bit too.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I did it on my bros mx-5 too.

All the silencer does is restrict air flow into the engine.

If I were you I wouldn't touch that motor. 3.4 screams intake gaskets. So don't **** with it.

I agree with the other fellaz. Take it from some1 who has a car that looks fast, but really isn't. All you need to do is a few audio upgrades, and no one will care how slow your going.......Let alone if it's your first vehicle, speeding shouldn't even be in your vocabulary. As a first car, you would be in the statistic group of wrecking it in the first six months of ownership, don't add to that growing number.

I agree with the other fellaz. Take it from some1 who has a car that looks fast, but really isn't. All you need to do is a few audio upgrades, and no one will care how slow your going.......Let alone if it's your first vehicle, speeding shouldn't even be in your vocabulary. As a first car, you would be in the statistic group of wrecking it in the first six months of ownership, don't add to that growing number.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

just throw a sick system in there. get it so loud that your dad wishes he wouldnt of said you coulda had a stereo. and you wanna drive slow man, so everyone can see whos drivin it and who's banging the tracks. i say get cash together, and spend it all on audio.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Kaltenberg

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Kaltenberg
WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date