you dont see amps like this everyday...

Wonder if massivespl saw that...

That price seems too cheap.

I have seen those amps in person. Size of it really does take up an entire hatch pretty dam close!

[quote name='BassAndBeer']legend has it that this amp can blow a DD Z[/QUOTE]

Nope. Only Boss amps can

[quote name='Popwarhomie']I want to say these do 8k at 4ohms and like 7k at 1ohm IIRC.[/QUOTE]

Id ton't think so, but maybe @hispls; knows. He has/had one in his jeep

Considering that first picture in the add is MY PICTURE that I had posted on a forum and I still own mine it's highly probable that if you went to go buy this amp you would be robbed, murdered, raped, and possibly eaten.

These amps definitely do make more than rated power and they do make more power at 4 ohm than 1 ohm and have impressively low distortion levels. If you're interested one of the members here did a "7K showdown" thread where he did some clamp testing and SPL burps with different 6K-8K amps. Interestingly the a6000gti was = in SPL to many amps that actually clamped more power, I'd guess something to do with running high voltage.

It's always puzzled me how an amp can make less power, but score higher on the meter.

Someone told me it had to do with having less harmonic distortion.

Full bridge (Brazilian) amps have higher THD, and that may explain why they tend to score lower on the meter than half bridge (Korean) amps, even when producing the same power.

Thanks for weighing in!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.