Sony xplod in 1996 Dodge Dakota

I recently put a Sony xplod head unit (52x4) in my truck along with new speakers the radio worked fine with the stock speakers but once I put in all four new speakers (boss audio 300 watt) it worked at a low volume fine but when I turned it up the radio shut off and fried it will not turn on at all and I have lost power to my positive wire I have checked the fuse and it was fine and the fuse on the radio is fine also. I am wondering what happened and what I should do? Should I just run all new wires and put fuses on the wired or is there an easier way to do it?

Because you chose really cheap crappy brands. They fried.

Headunit brands=kenwood,pioneer,alpine. Everything else i garbage.

Boss amps are garbage.

Get a precision power 600.2 and a cheap kenwood excelon head unit and youll be happy.

The fact he bought crap isnt why ut fried. It fried because of user error. Even the shittiest if the ****** dont break the split second they turn on.

though this is true, I was running fosgate door speakers on all 4 of my doors in my Tahoe off the head unit alone. no voice amps. the mids and highs actually kept up with the bass from the 4 15s! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif gotta love them old school alpines

A headunit is not the best way to power speakers. Amps are better.
Those speakers are cheap though..

though this is true, I was running fosgate door speakers on all 4 of my doors in my Tahoe off the head unit alone. no voice amps. the mids and highs actually kept up with the bass from the 4 15s! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif gotta love them old school alpines
I run the speakers off the HU in my Truck.

The bolded part is more of a testament to how bad the Kickers were..

If four 15's aren't loud enough to overpower speakers on headunit power, they are not loud.. lol

they were pretty darn loud for being kickers, the sweet spot was 34hz. mylows10 even thought so, hes heard it. no but yeah, my mids and highs are pretty darn loud you'd have to hear em to believe it. of course im gna wanna upgrade my mids and highs once the 18s are in

I run the speakers off the HU in my Truck.
The bolded part is more of a testament to how bad the Kickers were..

If four 15's aren't loud enough to overpower speakers on headunit power, they are not loud.. lol

they were pretty darn loud for being kickers, the sweet spot was 34hz. mylows10 even thought so, hes heard it. no but yeah, my mids and highs are pretty darn loud you'd have to hear em to believe it. of course im gna wanna upgrade my mids and highs once the 18s are in
Meh, just doesn't seem possible.

Yea, probably will need to upgrade when you get the AA's

I had my bro drive my truck around the block one time and I told him to turn it up full tilt and take a drive around he was playing a track that was 31hz, the whole time he was driving it was heard loud and clear it shook the place up pretty nasty. cabinets and picture frames were moving, even plants that were sitting on the window sill were shaking. I have video of all this, let me know and ill post a link. im gna miss my kicker set up, impressed a lot of people, it was even able to do mini hair tricks. for kickers, that's unheard of!!

Meh, just doesn't seem possible.
Yea, probably will need to upgrade when you get the AA's

I had my bro drive my truck around the block one time and I told him to turn it up full tilt and take a drive around he was playing a track that was 31hz, the whole time he was driving it was heard loud and clear it shook the place up pretty nasty. cabinets and picture frames were moving, even plants that were sitting on the window sill were shaking. I have video of all this, let me know and ill post a link. im gna miss my kicker set up, impressed a lot of people, it was even able to do mini hair tricks. for kickers, that's unheard of!!
Ok, so it rattled things and was heard loud/clear really far away, but speakers on headunit power kept up with them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.