XXX Comps or Zapco C2K

how about this...you want all out brutal output....yes the xxx drivers will give you that...andthey do it with ease
you want tonal definition...then the xxx is not for you... in no way should it or will it ever be considered and sq driver
x2

in regards to your btl..mt comment...most people don't have any idea on what sq really is... the sub plays the smallest part in an sq system.. we are talking about a driver that plays less than 2 octaves and really it's sole purpose is to only give the frontstage added low end ext...that's it..nothing more...
in regards to your comment on the xxx mids...no way in hell dude...to much moving mass for it to have definition...kind of like autocrossing with an 18 wheeler....
x2

Interesting. I would like to know how the XXX failed in the SQ department, in your opinion. Im genuinely curious.
As for the comment about Dan and his 'pig', 1) what does the Brahma have to do with Dan's conclusions on inductance? 2) I guess the overwhelming amount of people who have used/listened to Brahma's seeming to regard them highly means nothing since you think they are a pig, 3) are you suggesting Dan is wrong in hhis claims/facts/figures/charts and graphs on the role of inductance? If so, Id like to hear your counter-theories.

Lastly, I will bring up subs any time I want, so long as it pertains to this discussion. I did not start the discussion here on subs, Ive merely continued it. if that bothers you, well Im truely sorry, but too bad. People want to make broad and generalized comments about products or their performamce, and then seem to get all bent when asked to back up their own words with any form of substance. I have asked for nothing more than that in this thread, and that's not asking for too much.
I have to say in this dicussion here that the term SQ is not as what people make it out to be. 90% of the people on this board have NO idea what SQ is!I now know what SQ is now by hanging out and learning tons and tons and going to meets with a number of IASCA competitiors here locally in OC.

I admire the SQ in thier amazing individual digital output per channel systems and tonal accuracy however it is not something I would like in a daily driver. It is not something I want to hear during my commute at all times. I do not enjoy a flat sound but it is admireable.

For some reason people believe that if it sounds 1/2 way decent it means it has SQ. This is incredibly false; SQ means more than being audible vocals over the subwoofer. That being said; Yes the RE XXX is a very good sounding driver (sub and component). I have heard them both in different applications (2 sub applications, 1 door install for the comp.) The RE XXX is a very GOOD sounding driver however it does not have the tonal accuracy that is demanded by the SQ crowd. There is no reason for an SQ driver to require 1k+ watts of power. Period. If you think your 140+db system is SQ you've got something stuck far up your ass.

x2
x2

I have to say in this dicussion here that the term SQ is not as what people make it out to be. 90% of the people on this board have NO idea what SQ is!I now know what SQ is now by hanging out and learning tons and tons and going to meets with a number of IASCA competitiors here locally in OC.

I admire the SQ in thier amazing individual digital output per channel systems and tonal accuracy however it is not something I would like in a daily driver. It is not something I want to hear during my commute at all times. I do not enjoy a flat sound but it is admireable.

For some reason people believe that if it sounds 1/2 way decent it means it has SQ. This is incredibly false; SQ means more than being audible vocals over the subwoofer. That being said; Yes the RE XXX is a very good sounding driver (sub and component). I have heard them both in different applications (2 sub applications, 1 door install for the comp.) The RE XXX is a very GOOD sounding driver however it does not have the tonal accuracy that is demanded by the SQ crowd. There is no reason for an SQ driver to require 1k+ watts of power. Period. If you think your 140+db system is SQ you've got something stuck far up your ass.
That was cute. But I know what SQ is junior, thanks for the 101 lesson though.
The simple fact that you think a system must be set 'flat' to be tonially accurate tells me plenty about your SQ experience. This was my favorite part... "tonal accuracy however it is not something I would like in a daily driver. It is not something I want to hear during my commute at all times". Seriously, someone should sig that. Yes, for a daily commuter its MUCH better to have a system that is tonially inaccurate. lawl //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Its nice to hear your comments based on your vast experience with the drivers. What, 2 sub installs and one mid install? I guess you really know the products well then. Im just a guy who owns both. Your 3 listening sessons clearly trump my experience with the drivers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Im not even claiming xxx subs or mids are SQ beasts. Compared to my IDQ 10's, no my xxx's do not sound as good. But Id hardly call them bad sounding, inaccurate, etc. Again, they've yet to miss a bass line Ive thrown at them, no matter how fast, rigid, fatiguing, etc. So yeah, after reading post after post of people stating the SQ from their MT or BTL setup has really surprised them (in a good way), Im gonna say something when I see a driver that is clearly superior in SQ (and no slouch in its own regard) being addressed as merely an output driver. Perceptions, based on forum gossip and half-assed critiques, have gotten pretty skewed. Im sorry if you cant see that, even after having it pointed out to you. *shrug*

That was cute. But I know what SQ is junior, thanks for the 101 lesson though.
The simple fact that you think a system must be set 'flat' to be tonially accurate tells me plenty about your SQ experience. This was my favorite part... "tonal accuracy however it is not something I would like in a daily driver. It is not something I want to hear during my commute at all times". Seriously, someone should sig that. Yes, for a daily commuter its MUCH better to have a system that is tonially inaccurate. lawl //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Its nice to hear your comments based on your vast experience with the drivers. What, 2 sub installs and one mid install? I guess you really know the products well then. Im just a guy who owns both. Your 3 listening sessons clearly trump my experience with the drivers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Im not even claiming xxx subs or mids are SQ beasts. Compared to my IDQ 10's, no my xxx's do not sound as good. But Id hardly call them bad sounding, inaccurate, etc. Again, they've yet to miss a bass line Ive thrown at them, no matter how fast, rigid, fatiguing, etc. So yeah, after reading post after post of people stating the SQ from their MT or BTL setup has really surprised them (in a good way), Im gonna say something when I see a driver that is clearly superior in SQ (and no slouch in its own regard) being addressed as merely an output driver. Perceptions, based on forum gossip and half-assed critiques, have gotten pretty skewed. Im sorry if you cant see that, even after having it pointed out to you. *shrug*
why do people even try to talk to you audioholic? since a member on this site i have seen you help people and give great advice however; you have talked out of ur ass plenty and never ever backed down to a confrontation be right or wrong. You are one of the most stubborn people on this forum i have ever seen post.period.

It must be that you are a middle aged old man that believe he knows all and has conquered all. Who knows //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

why do people even try to talk to you audioholic? since a member on this site i have seen you help people and give great advice however; you have talked out of ur ass plenty and never ever backed down to a confrontation be right or wrong. You are one of the most stubborn people on this forum i have ever seen post.period.
It must be that you are a middle aged old man that believe he knows all and has conquered all. Who knows //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
So when you cannot counter the points at hand, you try to go personal. Nice to know. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Im wrong plenty, and have no trouble saying so when I am. Difference between me and some people is though, Ive been around long enough to learn when to keep my mouth shut unless Im pretty darn confident in my comments. There's plenty of sharp, experienced people just waiting to correct the slightest flaw in your words.

I have direct experience with the products discussed here (minus the tweeters), but I guess Im just some middle-aged know-it-all for asking people with less experience (with these products) to back up their claims that are clearly much different than what Ive heard, with my own ears. People who just want to pop in, post a one liner we're all suppose to go on as gospel, then pop back out again. God forbid I ask questions, right?

As for your comments, some positive, some negative, about me personally... you are entitled to your opinion of me. I am not here to please everyone all the time. If that's what you think of me, I can certainly learn to live with it. Ive been called worse, by better people than you. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

so i just realized you are only 33... my bad calling you an old man. i would have edited but i have more pride than doing something like that. Also saw your midbass thread; i've head James Bang's system with those exact mids, and a ID horn setup. I was in love. Anywho; flame away //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

so i just realized you are only 33... my bad calling you an old man. i would have edited but i have more pride than doing something like that. Also saw your midbass thread; i've head James Bang's system with those exact mids, and a ID horn setup. I was in love. Anywho; flame away //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Consider yourself flamed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Now... wanna hug? I sure do.

I was kinda looking foward to what the XXX comps were really like or compared too, but it seems like this is going to turn into the 8's vs 10's thread (except minus cotjones enlightenment lol)

So how do the XXX comps compare to the Zapco C2K comps or maybe the current forum boner RSD's

Consider yourself flamed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Now... wanna hug? I sure do.
lol. next time i drive up to Pismo i'll use your Lift for a nice oil/tranny and differential oil change then i'll give u a hug all nice, dirty and sweaty //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/inlove.gif.6846f78f06b405429ef3a00129788a2a.gif

in regards to your btl..mt comment...most people don't have any idea on what sq really is... the sub plays the smallest part in an sq system.. we are talking about a driver that plays less than 2 octaves and really it's sole purpose is to only give the frontstage added low end ext...that's it..nothing more...

- This is very true. Another reason subs make less of an impact on SQ than satellites is because they typically are run in mono... which means even less detail and phase issues.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.