XXX Comps or Zapco C2K

MTXThunder9500
10+ year member

Fo Shizzle
Fargo, ND
RE XXX or Zapco C2K comp sets? I havent heard either of them but i wanna know what yall think of them. Im planning a more SQ orientated system for the new vehical and im wondering what would be the better one for the job. only reason i say RE is cuz i was going to go with XXX sub's and i just thought it would be cool to have matching subs and comps

Obviously not, if you think an XXX is not an SQ driver..
a(n) is used used before vowels. xxx is not a SQ driver at all. where do you people get your info from? bettery yet, have you ever heard a SQ driver? if anything, in the right box it might be ok for a SQL type driver, but it wont compare to others such as the idmax, w6v2, d9, etc... shoot, my dd3512 will outperform that xxx SQ wise.

a(n) is used used before vowels. xxx is not a SQ driver at all. where do you people get your info from? bettery yet, have you ever heard a SQ driver? if anything, in the right box it might be ok for a SQL type driver, but it wont compare to others such as the idmax, w6v2, d9, etc... shoot, my dd3512 will outperform that xxx SQ wise.
My someone is confident with their over generalizations.
Im curious exactly what you take issue with the xxx SQ? Not sure about the new ones, but the old ones had extremely flat BL curves, and in the proper install sound incredible. Id also like to know your exact issues with the xxx comp set.

Lastly, what is your experience with these speakers?

I wouldnt compare it to the ID,W6 in sq,XXX sound better than 3500s SQ wise.

the xxx comps arent the same caliber speaker that the c2k's are. yes they get loud, but they definitly dont have the natural sound and detail. way more of a SQ oriented set. just look at what most of the winning SQ competitors are using. the zapcos are dominating right now.

My someone is confident with their over generalizations.
Im curious exactly what you take issue with the xxx SQ? Not sure about the new ones, but the old ones had extremely flat BL curves, and in the proper install sound incredible. Id also like to know your exact issues with the xxx comp set.

Lastly, what is your experience with these speakers?
i married them. we had multiple sexual encounters lasting only a few seconds each, but you can learn a lot when being that close with a set of speakers.

flat curves when dealing with woofers are mostly made up from box designs and the environment they are in. i had trouble with the note shifts and lack of range. more of a one note wonder, well two. it killed on the upper notes and lower notes, but lacked a lot of definition in between. once it found a note it was good, but it had a lot of trouble settling down into that note.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.