Good setup for my Subaru Coupe

jesus_ryan
10+ year member

I have a 2.5 RS Subaru Impreza Coupe. It is 6.5" all around. I just installed a Alpine 9855 HU and am trying to decide what I want to do.

I could spend up to $200 but I'm thinking of trying the rsd components with an amp and deadened doors first. Take it one step at a time, especially since this will be my first set-up.

Is it even worth it to get some rears for my car after this? What about a sub in the trunk?

nah id do w/o the rears, its such a small car and the speakers are prolly fairly close to each other like my dads outback, so i say no rears, just a nice frontstage amped!

For under 200:

PG RSd(you already mentioned)

MB Quart PCE-216

Pioneer REV

Polk MOMO

Orion HCCA 6.2

PPI 356cs

nah id do w/o the rears, its such a small car and the speakers are prolly fairly close to each other like my dads outback, so i say no rears, just a nice frontstage amped!
For under 200:

MB Quart PCE-216

Pioneer REV

Polk MOMO

Orion HCCA 6.2

PPI 356cs
Ok cool, I was wondering that since it is such a small car. Thanks for the help and suggestions!

For under 200:

MB Quart PCE-216

Pioneer REV

Polk MOMO

Orion HCCA 6.2

PPI 356cs

- I agree. Furthermore, the heart of just about all great systems is a bi-amped subwoofer/satellite system, that would be a good goal. It can be as simple as one sub in a box, comps up front, and a 4-channel amp to run everything. Front amp channels on the comps, rear channels on the sub. Damping the doors is a good idea also. If it starts getting over your budget, I'd even consider going with coaxes in the front if will allow you to enough money to do the amp/subwoofer system I've described. It will still sound better overall than a system with comps on only the head unit power and no sub. Part of sound quality is extended frequency response, loudness (to a degree), clarity (drivers play a narrower band of frequencies due to the crossover in the amp), and dynamic range... which is exactly what a bi-amped subwoofer/satellite system will give you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.