Which two 10's? Sealed box - Dodge Ram

Participant count
  • Participant list

96TL
10+ year member

Hey all.

I've been out of the car stereo scene for a few years now. I'm looking to add some bass to my Dodge Ram. I've leaving the factory Alpine system and just adding two 10's under the rear bench. It's a lease and I don't want to mess with the door speakers. The NetAudio under bench box I ordered gives each sub 0.8 cu ft, with a max mounting depth of 7.5".

- At first I was thinking JL 10W6v3's, but they're overpriced IMO.

- IDMAX came to mind, but they're too deep. IDQs might not be loud enough for me.

- FI Qs I'm sure are nice. I had a BTL years ago that I loved. I'm not sure if I can feed them enough power though!

- Sundown SA10s aren't recommended in a sealed enclosure. I can't find much info on the new SD10s (don't feel like experimenting with them).

- DD Audio TS2510s look like they might work out. No experience with DD though.

Any other recommendations?

Thanks!

Definitely more on the SQ side. I don't need crazy SPL, especially since it'll just drown out the rest of the system anyway. The subs will be in the cab with me, so I want clean bass. Still loud though! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Loud just isn't really going to happen. But, that all depends on your definition of loud. The DD's are a good choice. Cdt's are also a good choice. Sd's are a good choice. Placement and box volume really hinder low end performance. Trucks are really hard to get to sound good. With the factory radio it should be a great improvement

Loud just isn't really going to happen. But, that all depends on your definition of loud. The DD's are a good choice. Cdt's are also a good choice. Sd's are a good choice. Placement and box volume really hinder low end performance. Trucks are really hard to get to sound good. With the factory radio it should be a great improvement
I figured that. The bench muffling the subs can't be that great for output.

I could have went with a Fox box, which is vented (and louder). But I heard they're customer service is really bad. Also, not a fan of plastic boxes.

Very little room for subs in the truck. A lot of people like the type r 10 in these trucks. I haven't used them though. Center console boxes sound pretty good and have the ability to get low.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.