What to do? Recone? Or new setup? 4 8's Vs 1 12"

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fandl
10+ year member

So I have ran into a recent dilemma. I currently have 4 9Kv.3's running off a Nine.1 at 1ohm in a sealed enclosure. Recently 2 of the subs lost a VC each, and ED wants 40 bucks a piece for a recone (I only paid 55 for the sub originally).

So my question is should I get the recones for the 2 subs or change it up and pick up a SI Mag D2, and this enclosure http://supercrewsound.com/commerce/product.jsp?prodId=15&catId=58

So realistically the sub would get about 1000 watts @ 1Ohm and the enclosure itself is 1 ft^3 so it would be a pretty solid match.

I'm looking to still retain my back seat.

Thanks.

recone and run 4 9Kv.3's ported
Not enough room to run ported, especially if I want to keep my rear seat, which I do.

Switch it up...
And I'm guessing that company makes a single sub enclosure? Because the one you linked is a dual-sub enclosure...fyi.
Yes I am aware that I linked the dual enclosure but it can be ordered to have 1 single 12" cutout. Just needed the "Dual" to have the proper amount of airspace. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.