What is the most satisfying subwoofer you have ever owned?

My favorites were Orion from the mid 90's, original 12w6's (had 3 of em at the time, was using one of them up until 2 or 3 years ago) IDQ I had was nice and the 2 dayton 10's HO's I have now are very nice as well. Had a number of others here and there, but those listed stand out the most.

My 13w6v2 I had a couple of years ago. I sold my car and didn't have room in my truck so I sold it. I wish I would have kept it and sold it for practically nothing.

Ya id say either my 12w7 i have now or some of the old school 15/12w6's. Great sound, control, and can do great sealed or ported. I did also love multiple Eclipse drivers like the 8815/8812 series(run a 6210 right now that sounds awesome ported too). Over the last 15 years ive also had mtx, rockford, kicker, audiobahn, eclipse, boston, orion, alpine, dayton, memphis, etc...

I havent tried the ID's or Adires which ive heard alot about.

considering the fact that i still buy and replace subs from time to time, i'm left to assume there is no satisfaction. But to pick for the topic i suppose the old kicker solobarics from the early 90's, mainly for the sound i could get from such a small box....then again, thats almost 20 yrs ago from memory, so i may change my mind if i were to listen to it today, dunno.

Because they did everything I ever asked of them and then some when the others failed over the years, 20 years later they are still hammering. At $69 each in 1992 they were a STEAL..............

9222be1e.jpg

a favorite sub thread without pictures? oh, thanks o.l.t. - i have a pair of those Pioneer subs in boxes. The freeair versions.

my #1 is the Phoenix Gold Cyclone - because nothing else was like it. And I have a BNIB one in my basement.

PGCyclone007.jpg

PGCyclone002.jpg

the 1996 Hollywood Sound Labs 12's will always be near and dear to my heart. I still use them in my garage. They were a JL W4 mimic for $75 ea.

3808500001_large.jpg

I love my OZ 300H and they continue to make me happy. I bought these BNIB a few years ago, despite being over 10 years old. Similar to BngRacing's comment - the thin poly, stamped steel subs of yester-year just hold a special place in my memories.

ebayNov2010005.jpg

Image Dynamics has made some very good value subs, and the base series is no exception. Versatile and cheap with decent performance from a creatively stamped basket

ID10v3ebay010907.jpg

The Ultra Subs LV10 is a nice piece of engineering. I would like to hear the LV12SQ one day

ultra10comparision008-1.jpg

ultra10comparision004-1.jpg

The Type-R wasn't something I was a fan of. Granted, I asked it to do things it didn't like. The Ultra is the winner in this pic:

ultra10comparision004.jpg

The ML2500 is a marvel of engineering.

1014112146.jpg

1014112148.jpg

I know it probably doesn't count because it's a custom but my SPLaudio fi q 18...Pretty much take a sub that can sound good in an SQ install, double its RMS, increase its cooling capabilities, give it greater excursion and make it sound better and hit lows more than the original fi q. This sub can get very loud and still sound awesome. Even in a box tuned to ~30hz I can play a song with some double bass and it doesn't sound sloppy at all. The DD 1008a's I had for my first setup was great too but it wasn't as loud as I would have liked them to be. So if by satisfying in SQ terms yes the DD's would fit that category as well but the 18 just does so much more.

H7Goa.jpg

UpGis.jpg

qsc7h.jpg

PnM9H.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.