What is the most satisfying subwoofer you have ever owned?

^that's a beautiful sub
It is...Corey isn't big on the whole making a sub look nice deal (he is all about performance) but he did make this sub look great. Custom made me some 3/8" spacers to increase cooling and excursion, and realigned the motor for free //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

My Resonant Engineering SE10s. With a sealed box and a Phoenix Gold X1200.1, it could get way louder than I ever needed, with what seemed like power to spare.

The only thing louder I had were Type-Rs. Off the same amp, I just feel the SEs gave me more bang for my buck.

Wonder what peoples response will b to this..

But overall quality price sound and performance

Audiopipe eye candy 12s

Wallmart dual 12s

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif duals ftw!

Because they did everything I ever asked of them and then some when the others failed over the years, 20 years later they are still hammering. At $69 each in 1992 they were a STEAL..............

9222be1e.jpg
Omg these are the same ones my uncle used to have a free air set up with these mounted in his cougar. My cousin to this day still Alameda these these same exact pair after all these years they still hit hard as hell only like 125 rms or something...they are unbelievable for what they are I admit! They are in a rather large ported box these days.

As far as overall awesomeness i have to say my 18" TC 5200 was my favorite sub. Sub was a monster and it sounded good. SPL wise i beat the hell out of my RE MT and it was probably the loudest sub i owned. Toss up for me

I will say for a 300w woofer the mtx 5500s always treated me well
I had 2 12" MTX 6000s from the early 2000s I believe...was my first setup, but they were actually decent woofers! I had a total of like $100 bucks in that whole install, but no one would ever guess it.

I love my OZ 300H and they continue to make me happy. I bought these BNIB a few years ago, despite being over 10 years old. Similar to BngRacing's comment - the thin poly, stamped steel subs of yester-year just hold a special place in my memories.

ebayNov2010005.jpg
These were great subs id have to admit too... had a 3 12 sealed box running them off a large PPI art series monoblock. Great sound and played pretty loud with the 3.

SoundStream PRO 12's from the mid 90's (the original models that looked like SPL models). Excellent SQ and got plenty loud. The Phoenix Gold Titanium 12's I'm running in my bus currently. The MTX 5500 12's are pretty good subs. I have a set that I bought at a garage sale, 1 blown, but 1 still sounds/plays awesome for a sub that sold for around $70 new. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I really love my Boston G5s. I have not come across a sub that has sounded better, sealed or ported. They arevery under rated and kind of rare I think- I havent seen too many people runningn them or many for sale. I also miss my Infinity Ref 1262s, I should have held on to those, excellent budget woofers.

you guys may poop on me but I'm still in love with my Memphis mojos.. Great sq and gets nasty loud!! 2 years and still going strong!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.