Variable Control System and Big 3

Participant count
  • Participant list

West1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
2016 February-March Issue 6 TechTalk Issue

Since they state grounding anything to the negative battery post may result in poor battery charge and not suited to ground from negative... am I in the wrong for doing big 3, running 2nd battery to first battery and first battery to frame?

I've basically don't the exact opposite of what they say not to do. Amps grounded to bat#2. Which still runs from bat#1 neg lol.

Have I put something at risk or just over thinking this crap?

Tyvm

2016 February-March Issue 6 TechTalk Issue
Since they state grounding anything to the negative battery post may result in poor battery charge and not suited to ground from negative... am I in the wrong for doing big 3, running 2nd battery to first battery and first battery to frame?

I've basically don't the exact opposite of what they say not to do. Amps grounded to bat#2. Which still runs from bat#1 neg lol.

Have I put something at risk or just over thinking this crap?

Tyvm
To be safe ground to the other end of your ground cable instead of the battery ..I usually ground to the battery on unibodies myself and never had an issue but that is something to keep in mind

Sorry bro, I'm not sure I follow the first sentence. Remove bat#2 from bat#1 and reground bat#2 elsewhere?
Don’t ground to the main car battery post ..follow the factory ground wire from the main battery to where the other end connects ..frame motor which ever and mount your ground wire going to your aux battery to that spot

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.