Twin Towers BUILD LOG

Kryptonitewhite
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Finances are here. Time to start ordering. PICS and VIDS to come! What is for sure: 2 Fi Audio IB3 18's, each in their own 128 cubic foot box (before displacement) with a 12" sonotube port 48" long ( to begin with, will cut down raising tuning over time) resulting in a 6.5Hz tune! Dual EP2500's or EP4000's.

I am building from the floor up... scratch. I need a solid 7.1 receiver capable of more than 110 watts per channel. I plan on building MT's or MMT's designed by Kevin with Exodus Anarchy's. IDK about using a HP filter yet.. but I may go as high as 15Hz with the tune...I'll start low and have myself some fun and learn all the way up to 15Hz.

I'd like some input on the receiver... THX Ultra Certified preffered.. but $500-$600ish seems a good price point. I would also like some input from you guys on a new PC with Blu Ray and whatever I'd need to run REW and connect it to a 40" LCD HDTV.

Got a new hard drive at Best Buy today, grabbed War of the Worlds while I was there... (BTW do I want to play it in DTS or Dolby Digital?) and looked at pro audio amps, PC's, monitors, flat panel TVs... and I saw a sony 7.1 770 watt strdn1000 with 4 hdmi 1080i upscaling 110rms x 7@8ohms r2d2.... any good?

I'll also be building a van walled off with 4 IB3 18's.... ported and tuned to 15Hz most likely. See the Car Audio section for it's build log! Lots of batteries and amps going in there, and some Adire Audio Extremis 6.4's and CSS FR125S's! 10X's the power needed...

Why not go IB in the first place?

Also, why 7.1? Is your room really that big?

Personally, I'd rather go with 5.1 and use a separate preamp/processor and multichannel power amp...and not shop at Best Buy.

Why not go IB in the first place?
Also, why 7.1? Is your room really that big?

Personally, I'd rather go with 5.1 and use a separate preamp/processor and multichannel power amp...and not shop at Best Buy.
it's TINY and will be cut in 1/3rd by the enclosues. But Blue Rey is 7.1..so thats what I'll do. And the last week has been the 1st time Ive set foot in BB in YEARS! I HATE BB!

Got the VAN. Got the CAM. Got Star Trek, Transformers, and G.I. JOE. Got 2 12" ports. Who has 12" sonotube ports? I do NOT bring the cat into this. EVER! He does it all on his own! I think he's good for scaling anyway.

CIMG0167.jpg

CIMG0168.jpg

CIMG0169.jpg

CIMG0170.jpg

CIMG0171.jpg

So do I, but for movies having a dedicated center is nice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

CIMG0172.jpg

Decided to grab the Samsung, the only one with Netflix live stream capability..man what I had to go thru to get it... it's the floor display, paid full price...but I got the last one!

Bought Transformers and a bunch of other movies the other day...normal DVD... opened them all but Transformers so i can take that one back, and the lady that grabbed 2012 Blu Rey grabbed 2... so I can take that back tomorrow too LOL. I'll give all the others to my friends n fam!

I use hulu.com and I play my music from my PC on my HT. So how do I connect my cheap walmart PC I have to my HDTV and receiver? That was why I wanted to build an HTPC... so I can just run it all off it.

just bougt NEW DENON AVR 2310 7.1 RECEIVER AVR2310 avr 2310ci

$639.99 USD

Just got the TV

CIMG0175.jpg

CIMG0174.jpg

CIMG0173.jpg

Just got 2 EP4000's

Description Amount

Goods $599.00

Total $599.00 USD

Merchant

S&Y Online Ventures

karaokeequipment

We've already established that my home is hood. My setup is ghetto. please don't make fun of my imported curtains from spain, that's not nice and I don't want to have to rub it in your face how much I was able to get them for! I'll be painting soon, getting shades soon...but who cares it's all about the sub. WARNING car audio guys. These are boring vids. They are ONLY to demonstrate and document how these low BL, under motored "IB" subs have so much efficiency when given airspce. This is also to show that I do get a little port turbulence. This is only around 100 watts. It shakes my house and everything in it. On the opposite side of my home my windows rattle and the home completely breathes in and out with every woofer stroke. We will see what happens with a pair of EP4000's later on.

You do NOT need to turn it down! NEW CAMERA!

WOTW's:

Semi trucks

To me it is all about airspace. I have 100 watts, a super low tuning, and a "weak IB sub".

if you have a strong stomach... my house needs a lot of work. i could care less, so all "fix your house then get a stereo" comments will get ignored along with "get better gear from better stores" comments.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.