The Official Type R Thread

I have Two Alpine Type R's(the older ones) and i'm wondering what i should do. I found a Sony Xplod 1200 watt 2 ch. amp at Best Buy for $200 and i think each sub i have is 1000 watts so shouldn't that amp do the job? Also this summer i'm getting Alpine Type R 6x9's (rear) & Type R 6 1/2's (front) that way i'll have all my speakers matching.

Right now i have:

Stock Speakers

Two 12" Alpine R's

a cheap 800 watt Amp that i'm goin to sell

and for now i'm driving a 94 Buick Lesabre

i'm going for the best sound quality and i want these subs to push to their potential without blowing them

This thread is way to long to read through it all, so Im just gonna ask.

What are your thoughts on running a single 12" type-r off of a viper 1200.1 @1-ohm? Thats 1200 watts to a single 12?

im thinking about getting one 12 type r dual 2 ohm powering it with a audiobahn A8000V...is that a decent setup? what type of box should i use?

This thread is way to long to read through it all, so Im just gonna ask.
What are your thoughts on running a single 12" type-r off of a viper 1200.1 @1-ohm? Thats 1200 watts to a single 12?
Don't reccommend it a whole lot, 700 above rms. They're well built, but that's stretching it.

For an M605 and a single sub you would want dual 4ohm, and wire it in parallel to achieve a 2ohm load. That way the amp is making ~600+ to the sub, and it will be fine.

hi please help me with this.

can i run 2 alpine type r's 1242d or 1222d in seperate sealed boxes.

using an single alpine mrd-m1005 amp.

if its possible, which of the two subs u guys recommend and how should they be wired..

thanks in advance.

OK..I have to ask. Have we come to a point in our mobile audio "right of passage" that allows us to unsticky the Hype R thread? I mean really they're great subs that people can purchase at an affordable price but, I think the "holy cow" is over. Let us move on and only look back to smile at our past memories!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I have Two Alpine Type R's(the older ones) and i'm wondering what i should do. I found a Sony Xplod 1200 watt 2 ch. amp at Best Buy for $200 and i think each sub i have is 1000 watts so shouldn't that amp do the job? Also this summer i'm getting Alpine Type R 6x9's (rear) & Type R 6 1/2's (front) that way i'll have all my speakers matching.
Right now i have:

Stock Speakers

Two 12" Alpine R's

a cheap 800 watt Amp that i'm goin to sell

and for now i'm driving a 94 Buick Lesabre

i'm going for the best sound quality and i want these subs to push to their potential without blowing them
You have a lot of reading to do. Search Sony amps.

I have 2 type r 12's in my blazer with only 300 watts going to each in a sealed box and it bumps very nicely. The type r's would most deffinately have more sq than the L7's and my guess is that they would be about the same spl if not more than 2 L7's. My friend has a 10 inch solorbaric with a 600 watt amp and a ported box and my set up rapes his in every way. Hope this helps
How many cuft per side is your box for the Type- R's

Okay...i am a ameture when it comes to car audio...and i have been reading around a little for the last week or 2...ive read 57 pages of this thread...

i have a 03 Ext. Cab Ford Ranger...

I have 2 Type R 1222D's

now...first off

does anyone have a fairly priced Amp that they would recomend to push these subs? I want to go the least complicated way i can if possible...like i said..im an ameture..lol... I know that they call for like 500rms...and ive already read quite a few times on this thread that you can run them at about 1000 RMS and not have any problems....so id like to run somewhere from 800-1000 RMS to each sub...

anyone have any amps they recomend?

and also...i know that your SPL and SQ all have to do with the proper box...i want the box to be ported...i dont want to take up toooooo much space ...i am 6'4 so i need as much room as i can get in a ext cab ranger.....but anyways ...does anyone have any recomended demensions....like i said...im an ameture...i just want some bump...but i want it to be decently loud....seriously any help would be great...i have been trying to do as much reading on it as possible but work is busy and its hard to find a lot of spare time...so really if anyone could help that would be really really appreciated!!

thanks...

^ Hifonics Brutus 1606D is what powering my 1222Ds (1100 rms @ 2 ohms but i say less)

I just put in my friend's 2 type Rs into my Integra with the 1606D powering them at 2 ohms in a ported 4 cubed box or so. There are a few problems though. The first problem is that on really low notes it sounds like crap; it distorts like crazy. The second problem is that the subs do not sound right at all. I had put in one Type R before in my JL box (JL specs ported of 1.5 cubes) and it had sounded much better SQ wise than the current box and this was on the same amp as well.

Sorry for the half assed post, im very tired at the moment but any ideas would be nice =]. It could be that i faced the box towards the cabin (hatch car) and ill look into that tomorrow. Thanks

problem is hifonics over rates. i just got one of there amps and at 950w its struggling. its still a great deal on an amp though. your not going to want to port your subs if your fitting them in a truck. i had one 10" type r doing 400w sealed in my extended cab and it was more than enough bass. just seal your twins and have some *****en bass.

So what does everyone think my BX1500d really puts out? Not enough for 2 12"s id assume?

Hifonics don't over rate their amps, they just rate at 14.0 volts. Unless you have a ho altanator and a good battery you not gonna get those watts out the amps. That bx1500d should perfect for those id's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.