The Official Type R Thread

i got a kicker zx1500.1 hooked up to mine, its a great amp for them

Okay...i am a ameture when it comes to car audio...and i have been reading around a little for the last week or 2...ive read 57 pages of this thread...i have a 03 Ext. Cab Ford Ranger...

I have 2 Type R 1222D's

now...first off

does anyone have a fairly priced Amp that they would recomend to push these subs? I want to go the least complicated way i can if possible...like i said..im an ameture..lol... I know that they call for like 500rms...and ive already read quite a few times on this thread that you can run them at about 1000 RMS and not have any problems....so id like to run somewhere from 800-1000 RMS to each sub...

anyone have any amps they recomend?

and also...i know that your SPL and SQ all have to do with the proper box...i want the box to be ported...i dont want to take up toooooo much space ...i am 6'4 so i need as much room as i can get in a ext cab ranger.....but anyways ...does anyone have any recomended demensions....like i said...im an ameture...i just want some bump...but i want it to be decently loud....seriously any help would be great...i have been trying to do as much reading on it as possible but work is busy and its hard to find a lot of spare time...so really if anyone could help that would be really really appreciated!!

thanks...

I just ordered 2 12" Rs from LazyRider, and I'm building a 4.3^3ft @ 32 box and powering it all with a Hifonics BXi 1206D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif :)

Should be sweet.

hey lil_azn_06, i drive an integra and would like to know if u recommend type r for an integra thats not deaden.
i had moe lester's plan for 2.15 cubes at 32hz... it took up half the trunk. now im looking to build or buy a cheap sealed box for it cuz i tried my sub in my firneds sealed box and it actually sounded pretty good. the ported box definetly gave more "boom" but it doesnt seem that there is any "loudness" that is lost with the small sealved box vs a large ported box. i actually like the sound a little more for the sealed box, it has MUCH better response time than the ported box. the ported box was too laggy in my taste for techno and other music that required tight, fast, punhcy bass.

i would suggest a small sealed box if you are tight on room (which i am now) and an amp that powers the sub at lest 500w rms. i have it runnin on a alpine mrd-m500 (500wrms, underrated) and it pushes the sub pretty well. im porbbably goin to go with a .85 cu ft sealed box with my 12" type r. saves room and now i dont have problem to get to the spare tire.. also you might want to use the bottom cardboard floorboard as a template to make one out of wood so its stronger.

as for the deadening, its not necessary if you dont blast your system all the time. my system only rattles the rear if you turn it up pretty loud. 1 12" type r should be enough since our integras tunnel the sub really well. its plenty of bass for me.

two 4ohm Rs should be wired to 1ohm or 4ohm. So get an amp thats stable at 1ohm

zx models are only stable to 2ohms, unless you got the electrical, really strong.

your not gonna find amps that do that much power at 4ohms for $350......if your on a budget, look into hifonics xx-hercules(used), hifonics bxi1606, used sundown 1500

I just ordered my type-r 12 dvc 2ohm and i need an amp. i was looking at the Hifonics BXi 1206D thats rated:

1 ohm: 1200 watts x 1 channel

2 ohms: 900 watts x 1 channel

4 ohms: 450 watts x 1 channel

only problem is that it says its not bridgeable, so that wouldnt let me get it to 1ohm, correct?

I'm sorta new with this still so bare with me:rolleyes:

thanks for anyone who replies!

You can't bridge a mono channel amp, it takes 2 channels to bridge the 2 channels together to get double the output power. They may be talking that it's not strappable, meaning it can not be straped with another Hifonics BXi 1206D to make twice the power(making them work in conjunction)

You can definatly run your dvc in parallel to get a 1 ohm load.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.