sundown 1500+sub?

Participant count
  • Participant list

k12ug
10+ year member

MASTER MASTER
FL
ok, well as some of you guys know, i HAD a si mag 15" and i burt the coils because my amp was to much for it, so im looking to up grade, not so much on the SQ side...but on the SPL side.

i still want to retain some of my SQ.

but im planing on running my sundown at .5 ohms so i can get close to 2k from it.

i thinking of.....

1 18" btl duel 1 ohm

2 15" Q duel 2 ohm

and i still have my si mag motor i could put some soft parts on that and see what happens....im just trying to find the best woofer FOR MY AMP.

im sure all these type of questions have been posted tons of time, but im just looking for some opinions based on what people own and what they like.

thanks.

A BTL wouldn't have any problems with the power and neither would two Qs... the pair of Qs would quite likely be louder on this amount of power and are more geared towards SQ than the BTLs. So... I would say the pair of Qs would suit you best.

A BTL wouldn't have any problems with the power and neither would two Qs... the pair of Qs would quite likely be louder on this amount of power and are more geared towards SQ than the BTLs. So... I would say the pair of Qs would suit you best.
i still have my mag 15" motor.

i was thinking maybe.....re cone then bye one more? but i think they would sound different..you know?

i love my mag!

and i love my amp.

i still have my mag 15" motor.
i was thinking maybe.....re cone then bye one more? but i think they would sound different..you know?

i love my mag!

and i love my amp.
A fresh re-coned Mag and a new Mag will sound identical. Both will have brand new soft parts and an identical motor, no reason the two should sound different //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

A fresh re-coned Mag and a new Mag will sound identical. Both will have brand new soft parts and an identical motor, no reason the two should sound different //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ooooo....then i might just have to do that.....i LOVE MY MAG!

ALOT!

YAY

props on your amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Have you had any e-mails back from Nick yet? I talked to him yesterday and he said he was having issues with his e-mail server. If you haven't heard anything send me a PM with you phone # and I'll have him call you up regarding the re-cone.

Have you had any e-mails back from Nick yet? I talked to him yesterday and he said he was having issues with his e-mail server. If you haven't heard anything send me a PM with you phone # and I'll have him call you up regarding the re-cone.
i got the e-mail back from him, thanks alot tho.

you nick and kevin are all really good at helping me out.

thanks for the advice.

2 mag 15" at .5 ohm here we come!

yeah get another Mag. I have two 15 Mags sealed off a kicker zx1500.1 and couldn't be happier. These subs will be coming to my grave with me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.