15" Replacement for Brahma Sub?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Apoc
10+ year member

Buying 1st System
Hey guys, I've got a 15D2 Brahama that I want to replace. The custom ported box that I've got was built to the specs of a Brahma and now I want to replace it with another sub that will sound good in the same enclosure.

I've got a Planet 3002 amp that if I bridge runs 600W x 1 at 4 ohms. I can buy another amp if the sub won't be pushed correctly by it.

I'd like to buy the sub locally so I've got a warranty and I can just walk in and get a new sub with no downtime. Local dealers include:

JL

Rockford Fosgate

Planet Audio

Diamond

Memphis Audio

Kicker

I was thinking rockford since Best Buy actually carries them and I could go get a new one if anything ever happened.

Let me know what you guys think...NO MORE ADIRE AUDIO

why no more adire audio? whats wrong with your brahma?

IMO, i would save up for another amp that puts out more power, since you didnt actualy say anything negative about the brahma, besides not having a warranty...

For some reason it just doesn't work now...It sat in the trunk not hooked up or maybe 3 months since the amp was getting fixed and now when I tried to hook it up I get nothing...Their CS ***** and I want a sub that I can have worked on in case something goes wrong.

What does RE have to offer?

why no more adire audio? whats wrong with your brahma?
IMO, i would save up for another amp that puts out more power, since you didnt actualy say anything negative about the brahma, besides not having a warranty...

re has lots to offer however they are overpriced as hell right now IMO. Fi is basically the same thing run by the same designer however its another "internet" company.

as for your brahma...do you have a dmm? if so hook it up and see if your getting a reading, and if you are, what kinda reading. does each terminal say roughly 2 ohm? and while were on that, hook your dmm up to your speaker terminals on your amp and see what kinda voltage your getting. i have a hard time believeing that just sitting around, the sub stopped working and is blown. no disrespect to you, im just saying that ive never heard of anything like that. id invest more intrest into the amplifer being the problem, before the sub.

did you get the amp fixed, and hook it up and nothing? or did the amp work for a while when you got it and jsut now stopped working?

my best guess is amp got fixed, and then was broken during shipping. just my opinion though and i could be off by quite a bit.

if you really want something main stream i can definatly reccomend the typr r from alpine. friend ran one for a while off ~2k (12") and it sounded great. a 15" is only 200 bucks or so off ebay (more on authorized dealers of course).

Probably because their is no more Adire audio, lol
i know that but chances are the sub is out of warranty anyways...and if he blew it, im sure he would probably throw it out before he reconed it. of course my posts only apply if the sub still works.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.