SpeakerBoXXX Build [Pics]

Box build lookin good, keep us posted with pics //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Anyone have any ideas on how I'm going to seal off the top port area with caulk or silicone after I've installed the top of the box last? Since the port area is only 2 inches wide, I dont have alot of space to work with.

I would put extra glue on top of the port walls before screwing on the top. or mix it up w/ some liquid nails, just enough where you know when you screw on the top, all the area on top will be covered w/ your adhesives, and enough where some will squish out when the top is screwed on. that felt like a run-on sentence. MDF dust is getting to me...

Updates... Well got called into work today for an emergency so I didn't get a full days work.. But here's what I did today:

Finished pre-drilling holes

Next Update: Tomorrow or the day after.

(Applying wood glue)

The new Homies on the block:

88031.jpg

88030.jpg
Hey, I know those guys! Just don't fvck with them!

Update: Didn't have much time to do anything today, but I'm pretty much done with the **** thing. All I have to do left is glue the top, final coat of black paint (port), and seal off the rest of the box. I'm still having a hard time trying to figure out how to seal the top of the box off... Because of the brace, it's going to be hard to reach in through the subwoofer hole to seal it off... still open to ideas.

88033.jpg

This is what I mean about reaching in to seal off the top (inner chamber)

88034.jpg

The port.

88035.jpg

A preview of what the carpet job will look like

88036.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.