RE SR 10 @ 600WRMS but still not responsive

beyap
10+ year member

I have an RE SR10D4 (in .5 cube feet sealed) powered by an RF P600.1BD and the sub isn't that responsive. It's barely flexing for a lot of songs. Its only responsive to bass songs. I thought this sub is for SQL?

I set the gain at 1/4th and the LP filter at 80hz with subsonic filter off... How can i improve the bass? How high can i set the gain to? Should i increase or decrease the LP filter? What can i do with the box to improve, put polyfill?

Any help and advise would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have an RE SR10D4 (in .5 cube feet sealed) powered by an RF P600.1BD and the sub isn't that responsive. It's barely flexing for a lot of songs. Its only responsive to bass songs. I thought this sub is for SQL?
I set the gain at 1/4th and the LP filter at 80hz with subsonic filter off... How can i improve the bass? How high can i set the gain to? Should i increase or decrease the LP filter? What can i do with the box to improve, put polyfill?

Any help and advise would be appreciated. Thanks!
How do you have the coils wired? and your gain might not be high enough... depends, on alot... i can't say oh set the gain to 7/10's it's different from install to install, that's why you can change it

LP filter should be somewhere around 120hz in my opinion. Def check your gain too.
Tell us how it is after you do please!

Kevin
meh.....I keep mine around 50hz.

IMO a sub is for the lower end of the "sub bass" frequencies.

meh.....I keep mine around 50hz.
IMO a sub is for the lower end of the "sub bass" frequencies.
Depends on the order, and type or slope of the Xover too...

Goal is a flat response across all frequecies, 50hz would give you a giant dip in the performance of your system from like 60-300hz if its like a 4th order LR crossover

His should be a 12db per octave... but still, 50hz might be too low, this doesn't even take into consideration that some somes have a better upper-frequency response than others

Also depends on the low end extension of his midbass

long story short, we really can't give you more than guesses on how to set your crossovers without being there...

How do you have the coils wired? and your gain might not be high enough... depends, on alot... i can't say oh set the gain to 7/10's it's different from install to install, that's why you can change it
parallel so its @ 2 ohm which means i have around 600 WRMS that can go into the sub.

Thanks, this is it! My next question is how much should i feed my sub? RE SR 10 is rated at 300WRMS and everybody says it can do more but how much more is more since i have 600WRMS at my disposal?

Depends on the order, and type or slope of the Xover too...
Goal is a flat response across all frequecies, 50hz would give you a giant dip in the performance of your system from like 60-300hz if its like a 4th order LR crossover

His should be a 12db per octave... but still, 50hz might be too low, this doesn't even take into consideration that some somes have a better upper-frequency response than others

Also depends on the low end extension of his midbass

long story short, we really can't give you more than guesses on how to set your crossovers without being there...
Your right, its 12db per octave. That's the frustration of DIY, can get a second opinion from an expert here.

My fronts (6x8 separates) are set to a HP of ~110-120hz. It used to be at 80 but i didn't like how it sounded.

parallel so its @ 2 ohm which means i have around 600 WRMS that can go into the sub.

Thanks, this is it! My next question is how much should i feed my sub? RE SR 10 is rated at 300WRMS and everybody says it can do more but how much more is more since i have 600WRMS at my disposal?
Well if you have it in .5 cubes sealed its rated by RE for 300, you can probly do a little more 400-500, but it's really to tell you the truth not going to make much of a difference worth risking frying your sub... i'd try to keep it at around 300, Sealed is gunna make it less forgiving to over-powering.

Well if you have it in .5 cubes sealed its rated by RE for 300, you can probly do a little more 400-500, but it's really to tell you the truth not going to make much of a difference worth risking frying your sub... i'd try to keep it at around 300, Sealed is gunna make it less forgiving to over-powering.
I guess i'll make it 350 or 400... I'm starting to think maybe i should've gone ported... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.