RE SR10: 0.5^ sealed v. 1.0^ sealed (tuned to 35hz) or 1.0^ ported (tuned to ?)

beyap
10+ year member

I've been using an RE SR 10 D4 in a sealed 0.5^ box (manufacturer recommended size) powered by and RF P600.1BD (350WRMS going in) for a couple months now and i'm not that satisfied... (I listen to mostly R&B and some hip hop.)

Now I'm going to be able to get a hold of a bigger sealed box with the following specs:

Volume: 1 cu. ft.

top width: 7"

bottom width: 11"

lenght: 25"

height: 11.5"

Would this sealed box do a better job? If so, can i feed the sub more?

OR

Should i port it instead since it is the recommended size for a ported enclosure? What would be a good tuning frequency? I was thinking 33hz? Also, where do i put it and should i use a wide and long or small but shorter port to tune? Oh and lastly, where can i pick up decently priced ports?

In case your wondering what the box looks like, pics below. Needs recarpeting in the front... LOL

9ceac7db.jpg

9da934f5.jpg

go ported brotha!!...youll love it than sealed...trust me...i use to run sealed...but then went to ported...much more diffrence..

you buying that box off cl?
i would go ported
Nope, getting it off someone else.

aero port, or passive radiator
Yup, i was thinking aero port. Which would you advise (better results and easier implementation) between the two?

go ported brotha!!...youll love it than sealed...trust me...i use to run sealed...but then went to ported...much more diffrence..
What frequency you tuned yours to?

Nope, getting it off someone else.

Yup, i was thinking aero port. Which would you advise (better results and easier implementation) between the two?

depends. if you can get the tuning you seak with that box. port mind up needing to be too long

What frequency you tuned yours to?

mine is tuned to 30hz...it gets loud and LOW!!!....

I was planning on doing 33hz but i'm getting confused with all the info available LOL

I was also playing with WinISD and i graphed a sealed ad ported box and the response frequency isn't that diff... now i'm as lost when i started this thread //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif hahaha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.