RE-attach magnet to basket??

There aren't any screws on this.. not a powerful enough sub to warrant it probably??

Here's a pic:

DSC00765.jpg

Thanks guys, I'll just use some epoxy it sounds like.

Looks like it was held on with rivots. I took apart a little midrange driver once and the basket was stuck on with 4 little metal rivots. Epoxy should work fine.

Does anything look amiss in these areas, like stressed metal or broken rivots? I'm look at the ones on the basket in the 9 and 11 o'clock positions especially. Seems like there are some little metal pieces there.

dsc00765fm2.jpg

Nope, to align it I just beat the POS to knock the magnet side to side a little bit until the VC moves up and down good.

Did it last night.. epoxied the magnets on and got them aligned, then left them sit.. and when I checked them later the ****in magnet shifted and they locked up.

Grr, Is there anything I could use for shims or something?

Nope, to align it I just beat the POS to knock the magnet side to side a little bit until the VC moves up and down good.
Did it last night.. epoxied the magnets on and got them aligned, then left them sit.. and when I checked them later the ****in magnet shifted and they locked up.

Grr, Is there anything I could use for shims or something?
No the shims are inserted before they put the cone on to align the coil in the gap.The tolerances can be so thight that just the slightest amount of miss alignment the sub will be junk!Just throw it away or use it as a big paper-weight.Or a giant refrigiator magnent:)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.