RE-attach magnet to basket??

ShiningBuick
10+ year member

NotLoudEnuff
Fargo, ND
I got a couple Rockford Punch subs today for free, but the magnets had come off the baskets.

I popped the magnet on (which stuck to the basket.. magnetism and all, lol), then tapped it do the VC didn't rub and tried it out. It played fine for a little bit, but then the magnet shifted a tiny bit and locked up until I tapped it back into the right place.

So.. obviously I need something to hold these in place.. any suggestion on products? JB weld? 5 Minute Epoxy?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

It should work well enough for you to get solid connections. That’s about the same price I paid for this one, and I‘d bet all the cheaper...
Id seal the bolt hole up with Silicone and maybe look into placing some Poly Fill inside the Plastic enclosure and mount the new sub and run it...
Technically this probably can be repaired but working with magnets like that isn't really a DIY job and I can't see how you could get them on and...
Glad they stepped up and replaced it! I honestly would have thought it was super petty if they didn’t just swap it out for you still being under...
1/2 inch slugs? That would give you the same ferrite as a double stack 3/4 slug that most people use.

About this thread

ShiningBuick

10+ year member
NotLoudEnuff
ShiningBuick
Fargo, ND
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date