Question for dbr

2 years / 5 year discounted replacement to the original owner - that part is often overlooked //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
http://www.sundownaudio.com/warranty.html

"5) After the 2-year policy has expired the 5-year discounted replacement policy will be in effect for 3 more years. The cost of the discounted replacement will vary on a pro-rated scale based on the physical condition of your returned amplifier. This will be handled on an individual basis - replacement cost will start at around 1/2 of MSRP cost for units with excessive wear and tear and/or physical damage and decrease for units in excellent condition. As stated in the current warranty text, "This offer applies ONLY to the original purchaser of the unit and is not transferable like the 2 year limited warranty."

So... even after 2 years is up, if you still own the amp and it breaks down... you can get a replacement for no more than 1/2 of MSRP. In general it will be much less than 1/2 of MSRP if the amp is in decent condition - often times this replacement will be cheaper than a full repair.

We do try to add value with our warranty.
Holy crap! That is great! I thought aq had 2 years on theirs but after asking dj said 1 and I was like:crap: I asked if I could buy an extended warranty and he said he didnt sell extended warranties. If you are confident in your product to warranty it for 2 years then:cool: I guess I will try you guys out to see what all the hype is over. By the way I am gonna run 2 sundown saz-3000d's strapped on 2 fully loaded 18" btl subs.

2 years / 5 year discounted replacement to the original owner - that part is often overlooked //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
http://www.sundownaudio.com/warranty.html

"5) After the 2-year policy has expired the 5-year discounted replacement policy will be in effect for 3 more years. The cost of the discounted replacement will vary on a pro-rated scale based on the physical condition of your returned amplifier. This will be handled on an individual basis - replacement cost will start at around 1/2 of MSRP cost for units with excessive wear and tear and/or physical damage and decrease for units in excellent condition. As stated in the current warranty text, "This offer applies ONLY to the original purchaser of the unit and is not transferable like the 2 year limited warranty."

So... even after 2 years is up, if you still own the amp and it breaks down... you can get a replacement for no more than 1/2 of MSRP. In general it will be much less than 1/2 of MSRP if the amp is in decent condition - often times this replacement will be cheaper than a full repair.

We do try to add value with our warranty.

With a warranty like this it could have straignt up crap inside and it would be worth every penny.

Thankfully though it has all the right parts in the right places, to make the need for a warranty rare.

Ok good I never thought I would do this but I am going to purchase 2 new sundown saz-3000d. Everyone swears by them so I guess they are alright! Just making sure why they had a particular company (dbr) to repair the numerous amps out of house. Well since it is mainly people abusing them then that makes me feel more comfortable. I will not be abusing mine. I originally was researching the crunch vs sundown then the aq3500d vs sundown. My heart was set on the aqs but the sundown warranty won me over! You cant beat that! 2 years!
because dbr does alot of repair work for different companies and dbr is by far the best place to have repair work done

OP I assume you have the electrical to back up the 600amps you are going to be needing for 2 SAZ 3000ds
threadjack, out of curiosity, if a person had a 200amp alt and was running powermaster d3100's in the back, how many would be adequate if both were ran at 1ohm before rise. I know, not an easy answer just curious on a rough idea.

threadjack, out of curiosity, if a person had a 200amp alt and was running powermaster d3100's in the back, how many would be adequate if both were ran at 1ohm before rise. I know, not an easy answer just curious on a rough idea.
Duece, I an not up on the d3100, but I took a quick look and I would think a min. of 2-3, depending on how hard they were being run. Personally I would have 4-6 if it was my system.

Im going to assume he wont buy a fucking thing, and is just in imaginationland:)
I would think with all the questions and threads searching for informaiton, that he would give some feedback when he gets them. So we will know if he is full of it. In fact I think a video is in order as a thank you to all of us who have directed him in the way he should go;)

If not I also call BS

Duece, I an not up on the d3100, but I took a quick look and I would think a min. of 2-3, depending on how hard they were being run. Personally I would have 4-6 if it was my system.
Continued thread jack...

Thanks for the reply man. I've only got 3 d3100's in the back currently. Was starting to wonder if 2 sundown 3000's at 2 ohm strapped would be more efficient than my AB 500.1 at .5ohm

Continued thread jack...
Thanks for the reply man. I've only got 3 d3100's in the back currently. Was starting to wonder if 2 sundown 3000's at 2 ohm strapped would be more efficient than my AB 500.1 at .5ohm
Do you have a high output alt? Guy that built my box has is doing 4 1500Ds with just 3 batteries. 2 Dekas in the rear and an SVR up front.

I say to OP come to my house and let me smack you over the head with a few of these //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

IMG_0596.jpg

Do you have a high output alt? Guy that built my box has is doing 4 1500Ds with just 3 batteries. 2 Dekas in the rear and an SVR up front.
I have a mean green 200amp alt. Three d3100's in the back and I'm putting either a 2400 or 2700 in the front. Have two runs of 1/0 pos and neg currently.

I could add batteries in the back, but will be a pita at this point

I think the OP was just wanting some of Jacob's attention. Like I said all weekend, he has been in so many words bashing the company. Now all of a sudden he has a change of heart?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.