Question for dbr

I'm not dbr, but my guess would be competitors running the amps to the edge and dumb consumers running them over the edge. And of course for any product there will be a normal failure rate, guessing that wouldn't be high though.

fat_ass.jpg

If the sundown amps are so tough why do you work on so many? Why do you have so many refurbs in stock also?
For warranty we replace the amp with a new amp in most situations so customers don't have to wait. Therefore the old amp is sold as refurbished - many companies repair the amps and send them back to the customer, hence you don't see refurbished amps for sale.

For that matter... you have no idea how many amps we sell, so how can you calculate it is "so many" vs how many are sold ?

And yes... most amps that come back are abuse resulting in either parts broken off the boards or blown power supply (weak electrical).

According to his website half of the refurb line up is out of stock and there is only 6 amps total in stock. Thats not a lot considering how many Sundown amplifiers have been sold and are in use. I can also tell you from personal experience that Team Sundown is brutally tough on these amplifiers operating them in ways they are not meant to be used just to get that last 0.1db on the meter. That (although still rare) sometimes results in failure but at no fault of the amplifier.

I understand you wanting to go against the grain Brah, but all weekend, you are just either talking about people that swear by Sundown amps, or coming up with threads like this. What's your issue with Jacob and Co? Are they too expensive for you or something? If they are, just don't buy. Don't come at the guy and his product or make a million jagoff posts about what's better than a Sundown product.

I don't think this guy has any actual basis for his hate on sundown. He's just angry they're so popular. Jacob makes solid products at good prices, theres no reason for the hate.

if you haven't tried the product you shouldn't try to trash the product i use (beat the piss) out of alot of Sundown Audio products and i must say ANY failure i have had is ALL on me the amps put out more than rated power and its clean the subs take alot of power and stay accurate try it and like it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.