Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (please tell what and why)

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

Cruzer
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
smyrna, tn
So i got a new truck and am very limited on sub choices. I have always ran rockford fosgate so i started off with the new punch stage 3 shallow 10"

i also chose a JL sub since i read so many people saying their the best quality subs.

and lastly i chose an 8" solo baric L5 because a buddy has two in his extended cab dodge and says he loves em. also where i read it puts out 16-20% more than normal 8" subs i figured it will provide the extra thump since i have came from two 12"s.

Rockford Fosgate P3SD410

JL Audio 8W3v3-4

Kicker Solo-Baric L5 Series 08S8L54

Personally i figured the RF would sound the best quality, the JL would boom and be decent quality, and the solo baric would be mostly for boom. based off of what i have read on the net and all.

however i talk to 2 different crutchfield guys and both say i would be best with the solo barics for the most boom and best sound quality being as their only 8". also i told them i listen to mostly metal.

what would u guys suggest i get for best sound quality but not sacrifice too much boom?

DD's website says the 8" needs 1 cubic foot and i cant really find the mounting depth but im limited to .3 or .4 cubic feet and under 5 inches of mounting depth.

i should have included that info in my first post and i am sorry for not.

i did a build with a quad cab (four door) Nissan Frontier...i managed to get a dd t1508 behind his back seat...the box was 1.2cuft at 37hz...with a 4" aero.......sounded pretty good and got louder than i imagined...also pounded the lows for just an 8

06 Mitsubishi raider

i would not mind trying an internet based company but everyone i see on here, i go to their website and u cant buy it online. so i try the locate dealer and the closes one is hours away.

not to mention 90% that i have looked at do not have a sub under 6inches of mounting depth

the RE SL 10" or 12" i could probably use except the closest dealer is all the way across Tennessee and thats hours and im sure its not worth it.

i have always used rockford because i spent $500 on 2 12" punch stage 2, box, and amp and the only thing i heard sound better was 2 JL w7s, which probably cost twice what i payed.

With alot of the internet based companies you can usually email or like some other normal people, call them. Or if you look hard enough you can find a place to order them online. I would def stop looking strictly at mainstream companies. They do work, don't get me wrong, but look outside the box. Also look at all of your install options, you can get creative with it and find a way to install things.

were you looking at the slim mount 1508 on DDs website? there are 2 1508s
i click products, subwoofers, 1500 series, and yes i see where it says they have a new series T1500 which is slimmer. however i do not see where i can find specs on it. mounting depth, enclosure requirements, power consumption.

on that same page it has 1500 series and says Power Handling RMS/Peak 500/1800

1 cubic foot for an 8"... which i cannot do

doesnt say what the new T1500 series is.

sure i can call them but why can they not have it all very easily accessible on their website like normal people

06 Mitsubishi raider
i would not mind trying an internet based company but everyone i see on here, i go to their website and u cant buy it online. so i try the locate dealer and the closes one is hours away.

not to mention 90% that i have looked at do not have a sub under 6inches of mounting depth

the RE SL 10" or 12" i could probably use except the closest dealer is all the way across Tennessee and thats hours and im sure its not worth it.

i have always used rockford because i spent $500 on 2 12" punch stage 2, box, and amp and the only thing i heard sound better was 2 JL w7s, which probably cost twice what i payed.

thats a huge azz difference............ there are lots of subs that sound better than p2's............

thats a huge azz difference............ there are lots of subs that sound better than p2's............
no doubt. but like i said i spent $500 on subs amp and box and only pushed 200 watts rms (they are 250rms) and i could not use my mirrors at all.

come on people

5" or below mounting depth

.3-.4 cubic feet sealed box

what do i go with? i got room for 2

would one 13" be good?

http://www.poweracoustik.com/pa2006/product_AUDIO_wof_thin13.html

i talked to a 2nd crutchfield guy and gave him the options i gave u guys he said the L5s as well. im sure those get loud but i read they are bad for SQ

but i cant get any other better helpful information...

.3-.4 cuft ea driver or total?

Sundown Audio E-8's.

ID8's

Arc8's

CDT 8's

forget the solo's, they sound brutal, but do get louder.

however surface area isnt the only dimension of output, look for high xmax abilities and sensitivity.

Cant ask too much from an 8 in a small sealed. it wont be nearly as loud as 2 12's, but it will sound very nice. I've tried an id8v3 in a sealed .33su/ft and in a .6 ported tuned to 37hz. the sealed sounds better but the ported gets louder, im going to try 2 id8's sealed with 1cu/ft. I also had a 8w1 in the same sealed, sounded good but didnt get as low or loud as the id8, the w3v3 im sure woudl be better than the w1.

for that small a box i wouldnt try and fit 2.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...