Problem

Only way to really confirm it is to take the sub apart and look at the coil but it’s not worth it. Better off upgrading at this point.
Agreed. I'd probably run the subs individually just to see if it's just one, but yeah it may be time to upgrade. Also might want to consider tuning a little lower.

Just got new subs still have the same problem.
Then you have a source or an amp issue. Get a 3.5mm to RCA (or USB-C to RCA) adapter, plug your laptop or a cell phone into the amp. Turn the system on and playback some music or test tones and see if it continues. If it does, you have an amplifier issue. If goes away, you most likely have a source (HU) issue.

Then you have a source or an amp issue. Get a 3.5mm to RCA (or USB-C to RCA) adapter, plug your laptop or a cell phone into the amp. Turn the system on and playback some music or test tones and see if it continues. If it does, you have an amplifier issue. If goes away, you most likely have a source

Process of elimination. Subs are new and are doing the same as before, that rules them out. Just because the amp is new does not rule it out. It is still in the mix and untested relative to everything in the setup. By testing with your laptop or phone, you can isolate the equipment that remains. Without the HU attached, still have an issue, it's the amp. Issue goes away, it's the HU or any other item up the chain starting with RCAs, LOC's etc.

Process of elimination.

Does it do it when your engine is running vs engine off? What ohm are your subs wired to while hooked up to your amp? What cubic footage is the box? Do you have broken RCA cables or speaker wires? Have you checked your power cable fuse to amp? I think you should post full system specs and maybe even include pics if this is still happening.

Last edited:
Process of elimination. Subs are new and are doing the same as before, that rules them out. Just because the amp is new does not rule it out. It is still in the mix and untested relative to everything in the setup. By testing with your laptop or phone, you can isolate the equipment that remains. Without the HU attached, still have an issue, it's the amp. Issue goes away, it's the HU or any other item up the chain starting with RCAs, LOC's etc.

Process of elimination.

Process of elimination.
When I said amp is new I was saying I have a different amp than I had when problem started. New rca's new amp and new subs. Only thing that is the same is headunit and wiring. I guess I will change radio next.

When I said amp is new I was saying I have a different amp than I had when problem started. New rca's new amp and new subs. Only thing that is the same is headunit and wiring. I guess I will change radio next.
Well, kind of the only thing left then. You could still get the RCA adaptor and check with the HU out of the loop. Inexpensive way to confirm the source.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...