Having a problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mr FaceCaser

CarAudio.com Regular
So right now I have my LPF set to I belive its 50hz definitely not higher (hard to tell bc it goes from 40hz to like 1khz) but for some reason it still plays 80hz I was gonna up it to 80 but I don't want it playing over 80 witch it still does I have the sundown SIA 3500d amp.

So right now I have my LPF set to I belive its 50hz definitely not higher (hard to tell bc it goes from 40hz to like 1khz) but for some reason it still plays 80hz I was gonna up it to 80 but I don't want it playing over 80 witch it still does I have the sundown SIA 3500d amp.
I think the sia has a -12db crossover so its not a hard cutoff. You shouldn't hear 80hz with force but you'll still hear it

I think the sia has a -12db crossover so its not a hard cutoff. You shouldn't hear 80hz with impact but you'll still hear it

1000006551.jpg

If someone could tell me where to put the lpf for 50hz and 80hz that would be awesome

Where would it be on the amp I put a image there so if you could mark on the image where would 80hz be
Likely between 9-12. Best to sit in the listening position and have someone turn it up then back down until you can't place the origin with only the sub on. Then add the rest and fine tune it to mate up with the rest of the speakers.

Likely between 9-12. Best to sit in the listening position and have someone turn it up then back down until you can't place the origin with only the sub on. Then add the rest and fine tune it to mate up with the rest of the speakers.
I know this might be stupid I'm new to doing all these stuff my self since I never have luck with the audio shop near me. What do you mean by 9-12 like 9 clicks to 12 clicks?

Not stupid, they are a pain in the arse to estimate on. Really wish they could put a few more markers on them to guide you. One of the many benefits of running them full/open with DSP, easy to set the bandpass in the DSP software bypassing the amp. Otherwise, it's get a friend, sit and experiment.

Not stupid, they are a pain in the arse to estimate on. Really wish they could put a few more markers on them to guide you. One of the many benefits of running them full/open with DSP, easy to set the bandpass in the DSP software bypassing the amp. Otherwise, it's get a friend, sit and experiment.
Thank you for your help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...