Problem with my power wire

NeedDirections
10+ year member

alligator toilet seats
I hooked up my Power acoustic a2400db at 2 ohms yesterday and had some issues.

The amp will not work with my 4ga power wire. This wire worked fine last week and for some reason it would not work. Amp powered up fine with my 8ga component amp wire. Ground/remote were not changed, only power wire affects the amp. There isn't a blown fuse...what do you guys think?

37772.gif

The battery is fine...again it works with the 8ga.

I have matching 4ga power and ground. I'll check the fuse tomorrow.

Also, is there any danger to using 8ga with around~1000 watts for brief periods of time?

I'm sorry is that a volt meter for a battery? What would that do? I already know the battery works..
Do you know that you are getting voltage from your 4ga power wire? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Voltmeters are used for more than checking batteries. Disconnect the 4g power and ground from the amp. Be careful. Now put the voltmeter on the power and ground wires, see if you have close to the voltage of your battery. Should be very close.

If you get nothin, replace your fuse. Bad fuses can look good. They're kinda like eggs. Or girls.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.