problem with my diamond audio hex components

sangthing
10+ year member

soo..i bought a pair of diamond audio hex comps. couple of months ago. I installed it and my left speaker sounded very nice but the right mid did not. Whenever I turned up my sound, the right mid would kinda crackle under high bass. Thinking it was blown, I purchased another hex mid..but same problem.

What do you guys think the problem is? Maybe X-over? Do i need to make the space behind the mid air tight to make it sound right? BTW I m running the hexes off a phoenix gold xs6600 amp(50wx4)

sorry.. i m a newb...whats a hpf?...getting around 50 watts each
HPF=high pass filter. i dont want to thread jack this but i have the same hex set that is BNIB but around 4 years old (long story). is there anyway to wire the 6.5's as well as the tweeters to my JL 250/1?? i dont want this amp to go to waste when i get a new one. im pretty sure its a no but im throwing the idea out there.

50x4 should be nothing for the hexes, yea check your hpf setting on your amp and headunit. And if its just one side thats doing it, check the xover on the problem side. Make sure that the speakers installed correctly to the door/baffle/spacer as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.