Problem with C1100.4 noise

Participant count
  • Participant list

Iosias
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Well after finally getting a chance to install my new C1100.4 I had a terrible hiss with it that only got worse as the gain went up.

So far I have tried swapping everything around the amp to eliminate it them from the problem except new rcas and I haven't tried it in another vehicle.

New Rcas will be here today, shielded and all.

I have swapped HUs

I have Tried both sets of channels

Amp is ground directly to battery

Gain High or low high.

Tried a different amp and don't have that issue (I have low level noise but I believe its a source unit problem)

Amp does have the HPF on and set to 5khz, which is what I need to actively run my tweeters.

Other amp which I have no problem is a ID q450.4

Ill be trying it in a different vehicle today and new rcas after that.

Any advice on getting this narrowed down to the amp would be amazing.

try a different ground like straight to the frame, and make sure your rcas are not near your power wire. may be just your head unit i doubt the amps dead out the box
Rcas are opposite of power runs. I have battery in the back the amp is ground to. Ill try a frame ground though, but not sure how that would be better then directly to the battery.

I doubt it a bit as well which is why im going through the trouble to figure this all out lol.

my brother blew the outputs on his m3a due to grounding to his batt from a ground loop. if your sub amp his outputs try running the amp that way, your front/rear output of your deck could be outta wack

my brother blew the outputs on his m3a due to grounding to his batt from a ground loop. if your sub amp his outputs try running the amp that way, your front/rear output of your deck could be outta wack
Do you mean run rca from sub output rcas to the amp ? Thats worth a shot.

Only thing is the problem was present with a different HU as well.

is the rcas some cheap kind? i have the same problem in my friend's car. i will try to replace the rca because the rear channels in the amp are running to a sub and there's no noise in it. the only difference is the rcas. i'll also try a new amp ground as well as grounding rcas. my last resort somewhat cheaply is getting a ground loop isolator.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.