power antenna with a deh-p8mp

Participant count
  • Participant list

gury
10+ year member

CT
I got a pioneer deh-p8mp and I was installing the wire harness I bought but I notice there isn't any wire for the power antenna coming out of the HU,it is on the harness I bought but not in the HU harness.I know it wouldn't be a problem hooking this wire somewhere and make the antenna work but it would stay up all the time and I would like it to go down when I use a cd.what can I do and what are my options?I need help.if anyone own this HU and can help me I'll apreciate any help I can get

the only wire that provides 12v only when in radio that i know of is the pwr antenna wire, so without a pwr antenna wire your goign to have to use a 12v acc

There is no way you can get it to do that unless you have a manual switch for the antenna. You'd have to wire the antenna into the remote wire, and it's on constantly while the head unit is on. You could wire a switch between the remote wire and the antenna wire, so you could switch the antenna off during a CD.

but would it still be on when I use cd's?
Yes, as long as that radio is turned on, no matter what source it is on, you'll be powering the antenna. Why exactly don't you want it up while playing CD's? Appearance? If it's appearance, just get an antenna like this one.

I odn't know I guess I'm just used to the factory Hu and I like the fact that it goes down when you put a cd in

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.