Pioneer 80prs vs Alpine 149

Well I didn't think the 149 was being compared to the 80 I thought it was always the 9887 but anyway I've had both the 80 and the 9887 and spec wise and gadget wise the 80 kills it but purly based on sound the 9887 shits on it all day, the 80 sounds muffled and dull compared to the 9887 and this was a direct swap from one to the other same set up
How's your cz 702 compare to those 2, sound wise? DSP ... aside.

I have an external dsp so the sound is what I'm interested in.

How's your cz 702 compare to those 2, sound wise? DSP ... aside.I have an external dsp so the sound is what I'm interested in.
Everything in my Sig is sold I just haven't updated it I have totally different things, but the CZ sound wise is pretty decent idk I just can't get the 80 PRS to sound how I like it and I know of a lot of other people saying the same thing. You have something in your mind on how something sounds but I can't get it there like I said it sounds dull

I won't run a Pioneer head unit. I won't tolerate noise and even on their best day, they are noisy. Don't take my word for it, there are thousands of threads from people with noise problems and >95% of them have a Pioneer deck.

The HD149BT is a solid deck, clean output to 100% volume, zero noise, and a nice menu structure and ease of operation. I still have a CDA-9887 also and while the HD149BT isn't active capable, there are many amps that can give you the crossover points you need.

I won't run a Pioneer head unit. I won't tolerate noise and even on their best day, they are noisy. Don't take my word for it, there are thousands of threads from people with noise problems and >95% of them have a Pioneer deck.
The HD149BT is a solid deck, clean output to 100% volume, zero noise, and a nice menu structure and ease of operation. I still have a CDA-9887 also and while the HD149BT isn't active capable, there are many amps that can give you the crossover points you need.
And this is exactly why I will be buying the 149 when the time comes. That **** pico fuse is the dumbest idea ever.

I have not ran either one of these head units but I have compared both multiple times and the alpine takes it for me. I have ran multiple pioneer and alpine head units and the alpines always sound better imo

so if someone needed a HU to run an active setup the 80prs would be the option because 149bt isn't active capable?

**** that thing looks old school... i kinda want all the new techy stuff... i guess its rather put up with 80prs noise and its issues or go dinosaur HU or sound processor huh?

I did a lot of reading before I picked the 80. I never seen a thing about it having the pico problem or noise. I don't have the issues, my only issue is I should have got the P99RS. This deck is dead silent.

I did a lot of reading before I picked the 80. I never seen a thing about it having the pico problem or noise. I don't have the issues, my only issue is I should have got the P99RS. This deck is dead silent.
p99rs is also deadly expensive //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

the 99rs is way expensive haha. But I'm looking at the p80rs and dude it's pretty impressive, I only wish there was a double din that could do all that stuff... When that happens then I will get it. I'm not giving up my cool looking touch screen for a bland looking HU lol :p. I also wish you could set your x over point by the hz, not by like 63, 120, 125, 200, etc. That would be cool.

Been using mine for a while now. And dont recall turning the internal amp off. Smh. Can you point me in the right direction to accomplish this?
Turn hu off and hold volume knob in to bring up menu and scroll thru till u see it (same idea to change time)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.