Pioneer DVD Override

He connected the ground from the Radio to the light green wire for the parking brake, No positive is needed.

Just take a wire,connected to a good ground,run it thru the switch, other side of switch to light green parking brake wire.

I don't think that pioneer overrides the same way as other models. I have a 5500 and I had to buy the override off ebay or the relay. I used the override on ebay. My homie just got a kenwood dvd and he just grounded the parking wire.

I don't think that pioneer overrides the same way as other models. I have a 5500 and I had to buy the override off ebay or the relay. I used the override on ebay. My homie just got a kenwood dvd and he just grounded the parking wire.
Did u try the toggle switch method????

Just did this on a Pioneer SPH 210. Just use the ground from the HU run it to the switch. Then run the parking brake wire to the same switch. It really is that simple. (unlike most things in CA) lol

You don't even need a toggle switch you can splice the green wire into the ground that comes out of the back of the raidio it won't hurt anything and it works on every unit I've tried it on. No relay toggle or extra ground needed

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

The bypass from ebay is exactly what I'm talking about doing they just do it for you but it's the same thing

The unit will think that your parking break is allways engaged wich won't effect your gps or any other features.

Because it won't need any interaction from you and a relay is cheap.
Living in Cali, I need to be able to turn the DVD feature on an off. Seeing thts it's illegal to Watch an Drive, but this traffic tho....Hahaha Thanx anyway

Just did this on a Pioneer SPH 210. Just use the ground from the HU run it to the switch. Then run the parking brake wire to the same switch. It really is that simple. (unlike most things in CA) lol
Cali....the Simplest thing to do here is get arrested Hahaha Thanx

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.