Noob needs a lot of help

Participant count
  • Participant list
Do yourself a favor; Pull everything out of that car and start over...
I don't know how. I had a hell of a time trying to do the minor stuff I did today. Do pieces of the car just pop on and off to run the wiring?

I plan on fixing everything up and going for a better overall setup like you say in the future. But right now I am still in school and I just want these things to work again until I can actually take the time and money to invest in cleaning things up and upgrading the rest of my sound system.

I don't know how. I had a hell of a time trying to do the minor stuff I did today. Do pieces of the car just pop on and off to run the wiring?
Most of the time the plastics that run along door jambs have a few screws in them. Other than that, yes, most pieces just pop on and off. I don't know for sure what your car is like, though...

Most of the time the plastics that run along door jambs have a few screws in them. Other than that, yes, most pieces just pop on and off. I don't know for sure what your car is like, though...
I drive an Acura RSX. But as I said above I am still in school. In a few years when I have entered a career and have more money I would love to pick this up more as a hobby and improve the overall system. For now though I just want my stuff to work again. I don't mind the sloppy install at the moment but having all this expensive equipment ***** when it's not functioning.

I drive an Acura RSX. But as I said above I am still in school. In a few years when I have entered a career and have more money I would love to pick this up more as a hobby and improve the overall system. For now though I just want my stuff to work again. I don't mind the sloppy install at the moment but having all this expensive equipment ***** when it's not functioning.
You can improve it with a little knowledge...I just started college and have four 12's in the bed of my truck, with an amplified front stage and a decent head unit.

Look, I understand you want to get it working again, but if you aren't willing to do things the right way, don't do them at all, period. Redoing **** gets real old, whether you're paying for someone to do it for you, or paying for it on your own time. I get sick of having to fix **** when I cut corners because I only have weekends to work on my truck, and that's when I'm not working 15 hours every weekend.

Take everything out of that car and start over. See if you can find someone local to you on here that will help you out.

You can improve it with a little knowledge...I just started college and have four 12's in the bed of my truck, with an amplified front stage and a decent head unit.
Look, I understand you want to get it working again, but if you aren't willing to do things the right way, don't do them at all, period. Redoing **** gets real old, whether you're paying for someone to do it for you, or paying for it on your own time. I get sick of having to fix **** when I cut corners because I only have weekends to work on my truck, and that's when I'm not working 15 hours every weekend.

Take everything out of that car and start over. See if you can find someone local to you on here that will help you out.
When you guys are saying start over. You mean start over with the same subs and amps once the amp is fixed? Or start over with new stuff? I could probably afford taking everything out and installing it all with new wires but new equipment is out of the question right now. I wish I knew someone to help me install. No better way to learn than to do it myself with some help.

When you guys are saying start over. You mean start over with the same subs and amps once the amp is fixed? Or start over with new stuff? I could probably afford taking everything out and installing it all with new wires but new equipment is out of the question right now. I wish I knew someone to help me install. No better way to learn than to do it myself with some help.
When I say start over, I mean take everything out, and reinstall it again. I wouldn't trust any wires I didn't put in myself...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.