new system for truck

new system for truck im looking at a new system and wondering would 3 Kicker 07CVR122 with 1 Power Acoustik A2400DB amp how would it do in a competion in db wise a 38hz box with a 3 inch port and how many dbs in daily driving it would do
I would say about 105.5db. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif This question is dumb. First of all that box seems to be tuned too high for daily, tune it lower. Also I would look for a different amp. An AP15001D would be nice for 3 if you could get a 1 ohm load somehow, but you cant...

do it up then go get it metered and let us know the results.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

new system for truck im looking at a new system and wondering would 3 Kicker 07CVR122 with 1 Power Acoustik A2400DB amp how would it do in a competion in db wise a 38hz box with a 3 inch port and how many dbs in daily driving it would do

To start, what kind of truck?

A single port will not do at 3"!

You'd be lucky to get much over the 150dB mark

and lastly, 38Hz is not too high for daily. Daily would be good anywhere from 27Hz up to 40Hz. The higher would be more towards SQL while the lower would be for SQ. Pure SPL would be in the 65Hz area.

To start, what kind of truck?A single port will not do at 3"!

You'd be lucky to get much over the 150dB mark

and lastly, 38Hz is not too high for daily. Daily would be good anywhere from 27Hz up to 40Hz. The higher would be more towards SQL while the lower would be for SQ. Pure SPL would be in the 65Hz area.
If you think that this setup will ever do any where near 150dB you are insane. ~140 is more realistic.

38hz for these subs is a tad high for daily, I'd go for somewhere in the 30-36hz range.

Higher tuning does not mean that it's more towards SQL, the lower turning being for SQ is also a false statement.

The SQL/SPL/SQ all pertains to the sub/s in question. In general what I stated above will hold true. SQ= or a true flat curve you want to tune low, for the best of both tune in the 33-45Hz range and for all out SPL in the 60-70 Hz range. Every sub is different so all tuning points will vary.

Tuned right it could hit 150, but more then likely not. That's why I said he'd be LUCKY to get over that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.