New Car, need recommendations

Osty

VA
Hey all, going to be purchasing my first new car this weekend probably. Depending on the deal ill be getting an 09 fusion or 09 camry. I'm new to car audio so I dont know anything about the brands. I was thinking of a pretty basic setup of just 4 speakers, sub, amp(s), and a headunit. My budget is around 800. Really not trying to break 1000. I listen mostly to rock, electro, and techno.

I also had a questions about online sales. I was talking to a local car audio shop and they said any site other than crutchfield.com is not legit. They said that any other site will not provide the manu's warranty and even though the equipment is listed as brand new, many times it is refurbished. How is everyones experience with onlinecarstereo.com. I was browsing their site and their prices just seem too good to be true.

And a question about amps: should the sub have its own amp or will a 5 channel amp be ok? All help and recommendations are appreciated.

Hey all, going to be purchasing my first new car this weekend probably. Depending on the deal ill be getting an 09 fusion or 09 camry. I'm new to car audio so I dont know anything about the brands. I was thinking of a pretty basic setup of just 4 speakers, sub, amp(s), and a headunit. My budget is around 800. Really not trying to break 1000. I listen mostly to rock, electro, and techno..

I also had a questions about online sales. I was talking to a local car audio shop and they said any site other than crutchfield.com is not legit. They said that any other site will not provide the manu's warranty and even though the equipment is listed as brand new, many times it is refurbished. How is everyones experience with onlinecarstereo.com. I was browsing their site and their prices just seem too good to be true.

And a question about amps: should the sub have its own amp or will a 5 channel amp be ok? All help and recommendations are appreciated.

Found your problem, mate.

Most shops don't really know much about products, yet alone the "online scene." Not to say they're all incompetent. Just most...

I know Woofersetc.com has a 1 yr warranty, or at least did when I bought from them. I also got a Pioneer Warranty when I bought my HU from them.

A lot of popular websites will either give the manufacturer's warranty or their own.

As for amps... Five channel amps are fine in your case. Though, I wish I would've known about them a while ago. Would've made builds a lot easier / cheaper. Elemental Design has a good 5 channel amp, but IIRC, it's a bit on the costly side.

Found your problem, mate.
Most shops don't really know much about products, yet alone the "online scene." Not to say they're all incompetent. Just most...

I know Woofersetc.com has a 1 yr warranty, or at least did when I bought from them. I also got a Pioneer Warranty when I bought my HU from them.

A lot of popular websites will either give the manufacturer's warranty or their own.

As for amps... Five channel amps are fine in your case. Though, I wish I would've known about them a while ago. Would've made builds a lot easier / cheaper. Elemental Design has a good 5 channel amp, but IIRC, it's a bit on the costly side.
didn't ED stop making that amp?

i was worried too man. i ordered from sonicelectronix.com a pair of phoenix gold components. they came in perfect. $86 with free shipping

then i placed another order for $20 to see if they are good. came fast and in good condition. then i purchased my infinity amp. it retails for $250 at best buy and crutchfield, and i got it for $166 with shipping.

so sonicelectronix is legit. crutchfield is good. i've bought from them but i could have gotten something much better on sonic for the same price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.