New car audio company - c2 audio on the rise

I have to say, your persistence in standing up for them (C2) is interesting to me.
Thanks! He's in Ohio, I'm in Maryland. I've done business and helped him out over the last 5-6 months and I couldn't be happier to help a company like his. I firmly believe this woofer will be top notch quality and impress lots of people, especially for the price. I can't wait long enough for mine. I'm going to hold on my SA-10 that I already own but that 12" will be in my ride as soon as I can get my hands on it.

Wow... That is a nice looking lil sub though. Where are these built and what country are the parts from?
The parts are from China and the "former level 2's" are going to be assembled there. Just got word that the "former level 4" has changed a bit. From what I understood it won't be made overseas...but more info to come on that. HOWEVER! If you would like an SPL version of any of the C2 Audio Line, Chris said they will build them in Ohio with SPL specific parts. There will be a price increase. No information as far as how much but if you got an SPL "former Level 2" the $129 price will go up to accomodate the new SPL parts. Hope that answered your question.

Do have any info on the level 6?
I wish I did. Chris is really pushing to get the changes with the "former level 4" worked out and then the "former level 6" will be top priority after that. All I know is that his expectations are going to be high for the "Formerl level 6!" And sorry to everyone about the "Former Level" stuff. I'm still waiting for the go-ahead to release the new name. Finalizations are in progress.

He's good friends with Brandon from Sundown and has put alot of time into the C2 Audio line. .
Oh lawd. Name dropping like a mofo up in here. Sundown has been mentioned. Lol.

I wish I did. Chris is really pushing to get the changes with the "former level 4" worked out and then the "former level 6" will be top priority after that. All I know is that his expectations are going to be high for the "Formerl level 6!" And sorry to everyone about the "Former Level" stuff. I'm still waiting for the go-ahead to release the new name. Finalizations are in progress.
"The subs formerly known as..."

That's what he should name them. Lol

Oh lawd. Name dropping like a mofo up in here. Sundown has been mentioned. Lol.

"The subs formerly known as..."

That's what he should name them. Lol
haha ya...just passing what he told me! and thats too close to Prince so there's another lawsuit haha

cuz GCON, XCON, etc... aren't already in use //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Can't wait for their line of SUNUP amps to come out....

I feel like I am watching the beginning of the end to a company. Threatcon sounds horrible. Why not go with something like thunder series, lightning series, tornado series and hurricane series. The threatcon 2 baskets are frilly looking.

cuz GCON, XCON, etc... aren't already in use //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
Can't wait for their line of SUNUP amps to come out....
Correct they are used....However, THREATCON is short for Threat Condition, military like. So THREATCON. And SUNUP amps will not happen but thanks for making that known. Amps have been talked about but nothing definitive yet.

I feel like I am watching the beginning of the end to a company. Threatcon sounds horrible. Why not go with something like thunder series, lightning series, tornado series and hurricane series. The threatcon 2 baskets are frilly looking.
Thunder, lightning, tornado, and hurricane doesn't sound good at all....Plus then we'd be pissing off meteorlogists. And as for the baskets they are off the shelf baskets however, that was to keep the cost low so the money could go to the high temp voice coil and soft parts of the woofer. Chris wanted to make the best possible woofer he could to keep the price low. And unless you are going to invert the subs, you won't see the baskets anyways. Just gotta wait and find out yourself how these subs perform. Might surprise yourself and buy a pair of 12"s

Thunder, lightning, tornado, and hurricane doesn't sound good at all....Plus then we'd be pissing off meteorlogists. And as for the baskets they are off the shelf baskets however, that was to keep the cost low so the money could go to the high temp voice coil and soft parts of the woofer. Chris wanted to make the best possible woofer he could to keep the price low. And unless you are going to invert the subs, you won't see the baskets anyways. Just gotta wait and find out yourself how these subs perform. Might surprise yourself and buy a pair of 12"s
Throwing out examples not something to actually use. It sounds bad when you name the woofers the same and when you just change a number to distinguish them. I don't think meteorologists would be made at you lol. Cutting corners is I guess how he saved then. Tooling a new basket would be something to differ yourself from the pack not pick out the cheapest basket on the market. I understand performance is key and there is plenty of a market for that. I would not buy the entry/low level line of a company and have no use for 12's in my next setup. Good luck hopefully you have better business models then naming skills.

Throwing out examples not something to actually use. It sounds bad when you name the woofers the same and when you just change a number to distinguish them. I don't think meteorologists would be made at you lol. Cutting corners is I guess how he saved then. Tooling a new basket would be something to differ yourself from the pack not pick out the cheapest basket on the market. I understand performance is key and there is plenty of a market for that. I would not buy the entry/low level line of a company and have no use for 12's in my next setup. Good luck hopefully you have better business models then naming skills.
Thanks

Correct they are used....However, THREATCON is short for Threat Condition, military like. So THREATCON. And SUNUP amps will not happen but thanks for making that known. Amps have been talked about but nothing definitive yet.
Just WAY too much like other companies out there. Take the time to think of something original to set the company apart IMO...

Performance for the price is what will set this company apart. Believe me, I like unique baskets, motors, etc. But this is going to be mainly for the people who don't want to break the bank when getting a quality system. And then those that want 12 12's in their car and don't want to spend 2-4 grand on just subs.... THREATCON 4 has a different basket/motor and the ideas for the THREATCON 6 are still in the works as far as creating a new basket. That's in the works but focus is on getting the THREATCON 2's out there. I think anyone trying to give the car audio community the most bang for their buck is doing the right thing and the THREATCON 2's are going to accomplish that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.