Need Help With Amp Settings

Participant count
  • Participant list

yroc434

Va
ok i have a CAB 1600.1 pushing (2) SA-12D4's wired down to 1 ohm! my amps settings are as follows:

Gain (goes from min-max)

LPF ( 40hz-180hz)

Subsonic (off-50hz)

Bass Boost Frequency (30hz-80hz)

Bass Boost (0db-12db)

now where are these settings best set to? i hear not to use the Bass Boost so i have that and the Bass Boost Frequency set to its lowest levels! Gain is currently set to about 25% from its lowest setting, now LPF & Subsonic im unsure! idk if this matters but my subs i have them in a custom 4ft^3 single chamber box tuned @32hz!

Any and All info will be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance!!!

I always start with: gain with a dmm to the output voltage I want with a 50z test tone, low pass around 80hz, and subsonic either completely off or something around enclosure tuning/4 then subtract that number for the subsonic. ie (32/4=8. 32-8=24hz). After this adjust accordingly based upon listening preferences and power being applied.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.